OPNET WINDOWS 7

Hassan

Feb 21, 2012, 8:13:47 AM2/21/12
to OPNET
Hello, Every One I am new in Opnet basically I just install Opnet 14.5
in i windows 7 (64 bit) after fallow all the instruction including
installing Visual Studio 2008 and setting their variables (which is
quit difficult part) i run Opnet 14.5, but when i use discrete event
simulation its gets error, few of them are

(Beginning simulation of project4-scenario3 at 18:11:00 Tue Feb 21
2012
----
Kernel: development (not optimized), sequential, 64-bit address space
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (aodv_rte) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (app_demand) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (dhcp_client) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (dhcp_mgr) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (dhcp_server) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (dsr_rte) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (gna_ace_task_cli) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (gna_ace_task_mgr) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_2232)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Process model (gna_clsvr_mgr) compilation failed
due to error on source line (105)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp
\cc_err_2232)
)

Kindly tell me whats the problem, i want to use opnet b/c i am working
on my thesis. If software will run properly then i will discuss what
other think i need to do.

I will be very thanks full to u

W8ing for ur reply

Syed Muhammad Hassan Zaidi

Hassan

Feb 21, 2012, 9:12:41 AM2/21/12
to OPNET
Thanks, i configure all the variables one more time but still have
error
(
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
External code file (wlan_support) compilation failed
due to error on source line (56)
Errors given in file (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_3812)
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Object repository construction failed
External code file (C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\nist_aodv_model
\nist_aodv_model\wlan_support.ex.c) compilation failed, see error
messages in (C:\Users\Administrator\op_admin\tmp\cc_err_3812)
T (0), EV (-), MOD (NONE), PROC (sim_load_repos_rebuild)
----
<<< Program Abort >>>
Error encountered rebuilding repository -- unable to proceed
T (0), EV (-), MOD (NONE), PROC (sim_load_repos_load)

)

Kindly guide me where i am wrong

I will be thanks full to u

Syed Muhammad Hassan Zaidi

farnaz farid

Feb 21, 2012, 7:17:23 PM2/21/12
to hass...@gmail.com, OPNET
Hi,
Have you configured your environment variable properly? Please see this FAQ link for details:
https://enterprise1.opnet.com/tsts/4dcgi/FAQ_SEARCH

Also, in OPNET website under FAQ there are many solutions regarding compiling and Linking error..Those might help you.

Farnaz Farid

Verily in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest!. (Surah Ar-rad - 28)

Hassan

Feb 22, 2012, 1:02:45 AM2/22/12
to OPNET
Hi,
Yes I fully configure all the variables but it still have a problem.
In opnet web site requirement of 14.5 is not for windows 7 but finding
in internet this is possible, after fallow all the steps opnet still
not working.

Kindly help me in this manner.

My initial task is to configure 10 manet nodes and apply aodv routing
protocol and check their behavior that how frequently they update
their messages and display it on the graphs.

Thanks

Syed Muhammad Hassan Zaidi
> *Farnaz Farid
>
> Verily in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest!. (Surah Ar-rad - 28)*

Mehdi Abolfathi

Feb 22, 2012, 1:29:06 AM2/22/12
to hass...@gmail.com, OPNET
Hi,
Right click on OPNET program icon and choose "Run as administrator".
This could solve your opnet's execution problem in Win 7.

BR
Mehdi

Hassan

Feb 22, 2012, 7:27:38 AM2/22/12
to OPNET
Hello, I still unable to run simulation, all your suggested part are
implemented in my OPNET but still an error, basically i want to
simulate MANETS i simply choose 5 nodes and run discrete simulation it
gives another error which is may be windows error need help to
troubleshoot

Beginning simulation of project1-scenario1 at 17:14:10 Wed Feb 22 2012
----
Kernel: development (not optimized), sequential, 64-bit address space
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Error loading shared object file
(C:\Users\Administrator\op_models\project1.project\project1-
scenario1.dev64.i0.nt.dll)
The specified module could not be found.
----
<<< Program Abort >>>
Error loading scenario model library -- unable to proceed
T (0), EV (-), MOD (NONE), PROC (sim_load_repos_load)

Kindly tell me what can i do.
My 1st scenario is to take 5 manet nodes implement AODV and test the
result that how routing table update frequently kindly help me out in
this manner
I will be thanks full to you

Syed Muhammad Hassan Zaidi

On Feb 22, 11:29 am, Mehdi Abolfathi <mabolfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Right click on OPNET program icon and choose "Run as administrator".
> This could solve your opnet's execution problem in Win 7.
>
> BR
> Mehdi

Serbanescu Catalin

Jul 5, 2012, 5:31:59 AM7/5/12
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hello , did you fix this problem ? And if yes can you please tell me how you did it

Thank you.

R.Hasudungan Hutabarat

Oct 13, 2012, 1:12:47 AM10/13/12
to op...@googlegroups.com, mabol...@gmail.com
thanks Mehdi Abolfathi..

Patel, Kirti

Oct 25, 2012, 12:06:09 PM10/25/12
to op...@googlegroups.com
hey hasan,

did you able to solve this problem?

I do have same problem with windows 7.. and if I run as a admin it ask for another licence..

so if you have solved this compilation problem then please help me out.

Thanks
Waiting for your reply.

Kelvin Low Ee Hahn

Nov 22, 2012, 4:34:04 AM11/22/12
to op...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem too.

hayder hammood

Mar 28, 2013, 9:54:34 AM3/28/13
to op...@googlegroups.com
as today I formated my computer and wanted to get opnet running, so after installation I had the same problem of model compilation failure, please follow the following steps:
 1- Start-> all programs -> Microsoft Visual studio -> Visual Studio Tools -> then (either) visual studio comand prompt OR visual studio comand prompt x64 (DEPENDS ON YOUR SYSTEM).
2- type the following comands, set INCLUDE and press enter, set LIB and press enter and set PATH and press eneter.
3- copy this comands and store it in a temporary text file.
4- go to the computer environment variables.
5- I think I will not have a variable for LIB or INCLUDE, so you need to create them.
6- set the values for those variable to the values shown in the comand prompt JUST AFTER THE = SIGN.
7- MAKE SURE that all the values are copied as sometimes it takes only a single line to be copied.
8- FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you are running opnet as ADMIN then you will need to add those variables to the user variables, AND IF YOU ARE RUNNING OPNET AS NORMAL USER THEN set those values to the system environment variables.

NOTE: this approach will avoid using the batch file provided by visual studio.
now you should be able to run opnet with no error regarding the compilation.... good luck

Anup Bhola

Apr 1, 2013, 8:18:26 AM4/1/13
to op...@googlegroups.com
contact me through email i will send you pdf file

Anup Bhola

Apr 1, 2013, 8:29:59 AM4/1/13
to op...@googlegroups.com
contact me on my emailid

On Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:43:47 PM UTC+5:30, Hassan wrote:
Message has been deleted

alav...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2013, 3:20:59 AM7/31/13
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reza

Please send me this video's. i don't any v p n ... .
thnakyou....

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:44:09 PM UTC+4:30, Reza P. Rezvani wrote:
Hi every body

For resolving all of the problems like these, I just created a video to :

Install OPNET 14.5 on Windows 8 with Visual Studio 2012 -->   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhN9kSZbHYg

Install OPNET 14.5 on Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010 -->    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CaV12xknug

I home it be help full  :)

Maryam Mar

Dec 1, 2013, 10:56:19 AM12/1/13
to op...@googlegroups.com
i m using opnet modler 14.5 on window 7 all default models run accurately but when i try to run wpan model that i have downloaded from internet , it create error repository rebuild error , can any one have soln about it, plz contact with me at maryam...@gmail.com

Ravi Zirmite

Dec 3, 2013, 2:27:57 AM12/3/13
to op...@googlegroups.com
Thank you hayder its work for me .....Thanks a lott

ghiw...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2014, 3:13:55 PM1/9/14
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hi every body,

I have installed OPNET14.5 in an environment of Microsoft windows 7 (64-bit) professional with SP1, system type-x64, processor Intel(R)core(TM)i3 CPU M 380 @2.53GHz, 2527 Mhz 2 core(s) 4 logical processors and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 professional. I have configured the environment variables as given  on http://supportkb.riverbed.com/support/index?page=content&id=S20337
But  still it is running a simulation. Kindly help me please!

Bibek Kumar

Mar 9, 2014, 11:13:21 AM3/9/14
to op...@googlegroups.com
Beginning simulation of ethcoax_net_ref-scenario1 at 20:38:32 Sun Mar 09 2014
----
Kernel: development (not optimized), sequential, 64-bit address space
----
<<< Recoverable Error >>>
Object repository construction failed
due to errors encountered by the binder program (bind_so_msvc)
T (0), EV (-), MOD (NONE), PROC (sim_load_repos_rebuild)
----
Errors reported by the binder program follow
(these messages have been saved in (C:\Users\Katiyar\op_admin\tmp\bind_err_2488):
C:\OPNET\14.5.A\models\std\traf_gen\bursty_source.dev64.i0.pr.obj : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

----
<<< Program Abort >>>
Error encountered rebuilding repository -- unable to proceed
T (0), EV (-), MOD (NONE), PROC (sim_load_repos_load)

----

i found this error when i simulate .

please help me

Muhammad Imran

May 26, 2014, 3:54:24 AM5/26/14
to op...@googlegroups.com
 I managed to install Visual Studio and OPNET and made all changes in Environment Variables, but when i run simulation it gives me errors. please help me. I am installing on windows 8 and i have tried visual studio 2013, 2010, 2012. I have spent almost 2 days but still no success. Please help me, your help will be much appreciated?thanks
Regards,
Imran

Reza P. Rezvani

May 31, 2014, 3:02:04 AM5/31/14
to op...@googlegroups.com
I Had a problem in installing network simulation tools
I solved that and shared them on my blog

Install OPNET 14 5 on Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012

Install OPNET 14 5 on Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010

I Had a problem in installing network simulation tools
I solved that and shared them on my blog
Also, I created several videos in Installing ns-3 on Suse (OpenSuse) Linux,

You can my see videos at : http://www.cbt4all.com/

Install NS-3.16 on OpenSuse-Part1-Install OpenSuse On VM-Ware

Install NS-3.16 on OpenSuse-Part2-Install Prerequirments Package for NS-3.16

Install NS-3.16 on OpenSuse-Part3-Install NS-3.16 and Run Example

Install and configure Eclipse IDE on ns-3

I hope it is useful

prahareza ardiansyah

Jul 13, 2014, 1:32:00 PM7/13/14
to op...@googlegroups.com
Is there any version of opnet 14.5 above that have a license? If it exist, the link download please :)

Mohd Khairy

Jul 14, 2014, 2:31:10 AM7/14/14
to op...@googlegroups.com
Hai,

How about if they ask  for valid license? How to solve it if i dont want to enter any license?

khairy