Python platforms like Moodle?

Selena Deckelmann

Nov 12, 2012, 4:37:34 PM11/12/12
to operation-computer-sc...@googlegroups.com

Is there a Python version of Moodle out there?

Has anyone else gone down this road that you know of?

--
http://chesnok.com

Katie Cunningham

Nov 13, 2012, 4:14:20 PM11/13/12
to operation-computer-sc...@googlegroups.com
Man, I wish. I'm seven years into our county's CMS, and I hate life.

--
http://chesnok.com

Preston Holmes

Nov 13, 2012, 4:20:13 PM11/13/12
to operation-computer-sc...@googlegroups.com
We just switched from Moodle to Edline - not sure which is worse.  All the options I've seen are lacking…

-P

Selena Deckelmann

Nov 13, 2012, 6:32:00 PM11/13/12
to operation-computer-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hah.

This is about the same response I get from everyone that I ask.

Is there currently a resource which has a list/comparison of these types of apps?

Where I'm going with this:

The state of Florida created an online virtual academy and some software associated with it that the state of Oregon adopted. The state of Florida enterprisingly is selling this software as a service.

Oregon is somewhat interested in an open source alternative. My husband works for the organization that would use this software. This is a kernel of an idea, rather than a real project at this point. However, it could be quite powerful if there was a python-based open source tool, IMO.

Anyway, I've been thinking about projects lately and continuing to have in-person conversations with friends about everything we all talked about back in September. I'm at about week 6 in my new job and coming up for air.

I really appreciate that you've all stuck around here. :)