A couple of interesting links picked out of yesterday's Systers email

Barbara Shaurette

Oct 13, 2012, 2:24:43 PM10/13/12
to operation-computer-sc...@googlegroups.com
Raspberry Pi in schools -http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2159

----------------

How to get girls psyched about computer science - http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/10/05/maria-klawe-harvey-mudd/

One note from this article that I don't agree with.  At least, I would like to work on changing the perception, rather than discouraging young women altogether:

'Klawe stressed to the audience that a big hurdle is changing the way computer science is perceived. She discouraged parents from getting their daughters into the field before college because,"the whole culture is swaying young women to say this is not for me, I won't be good at it."'

Thoughts?