Unable to open Pirate Bay magnets

ge...@none.net

Feb 11, 2013, 2:53:48 AM2/11/13
Last weekend with 12.13, clicking on "Get this torrent" at Pirate Bay
opened the magnet and Vuze. Now after updating Opera and Vuze, I'm
getting an error message, either "No registered application for this
extension" or "The address type is unknown or unsupported." I was
getting the first until I tried adding "magnet" as a Downloads protocol
in Preferences and then deleted it (it's like Opera won't let it go).
OTOH, there's no problem opening the same torrents from isohunt, but
they are torrent not magnet links. My x-bittorrent set up under
Downloads in Preferences is the same as it's been for quite some time:
Open with Default Application
"C:\Program Files \Vuze \Azureus.exe" "%s"

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks,

Gene

Warren Post

Feb 11, 2013, 8:30:51 AM2/11/13

ge...@none.net

Feb 11, 2013, 10:41:46 AM2/11/13
Thanks, but as I read that page they weren't able to solve the problem.

Gene

Ville Hietarinta

Feb 11, 2013, 1:04:14 PM2/11/13
Opera 12.14 with uTorrent works with magnet links just fine. I'm not sure
if it worked or not on 12.13, though.

Do the magnet links work in other browsers?

If you try to run the magnet link in the Windows Run -dialog (WIN+R), does
it work?

ge...@none.net

Feb 11, 2013, 1:23:35 PM2/11/13
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 00:53:48 -0700
Found the answer: apparently updating Vuze this time also required
resetting file associations in the program. For anyone else coming
across this, this is what worked:

In Vuze go to Tools > Options > Interface
Click on the 'reset' button next to 'Reset explorer file
associations...'

Next time opening a magnet link, there'll be a box asking if you want
to associate that magnet file with Vuze. Check so to not see the box
again and then click on Proceed. Next time it will open Vuze straight to
the magnet box.

ernest...@gmail.com

May 19, 2014, 3:45:30 AM5/19/14
Thanks! This worked for me!

dwhit...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2014, 12:14:24 AM7/15/14
Dude this works thanks so much! Much appreciated!

ge...@none.net

Jul 15, 2014, 11:10:22 AM7/15/14
Glad it was of help.

timh4...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2014, 6:22:07 AM7/23/14
wow....ive been looking round for ages trying to find the answer....low and behold you got it! thanks champion!

ems....@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2014, 9:36:10 AM7/29/14

Worked for me. Thanks :)

arunsowm...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 12:17:51 PM10/8/14
What a brilliant piece of work. Faced the same issue and thanks to you effected the solution sure enough. my heartfelt thanks...Champion!!

soundo...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2014, 4:30:20 AM10/13/14
Dude you saved me so much trouble! I was super frustrated with this problem and others were telling me to edit coding and all that which I'm terrible at. Thank you so much for a quick and simple solution. :D

sarase...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2015, 7:33:19 PM4/17/15
THANK YOU!!!!!!

SOOOOO
MUCHHHHH
FORREAAAALLLLL

mellil...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2015, 6:24:34 PM6/17/15
worked

gdk2...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2015, 9:42:01 AM8/19/15
Pirate has been shut down by the BPI and will not be coming on line any time soon sorry.

Auric__

Aug 21, 2015, 8:46:25 PM8/21/15
On the one hand, you're replying to a 2-1/2 year old post.

On the other hand, https://thepiratebay.mn/ would seem to disagree with you.

--
If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

exist...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017, 11:13:39 AM6/3/17
Yes! This worked. Thank You. :)