C5BLE - Add another Bus

Faisal Waris

Feb 20, 2017, 11:36:36 AM2/20/17
to OpenXC
Hi

C5BLE can connect to CAN busses on 6-14 and 3-11.

My vehicle has a secondary bus on 12-13 (high speed). I crosswired 12-vehicle to 3-C5BLE and 13-vehicle to 11-C5BLE.

I also updated the firmware to connect to controller 1 (6-14 pins) and controller 2 (3-11 pins, i assume).

With that arrangement, C5BLE does not power up.

What I found through experimentation is that 13-vehicle to 13-C5BLE connection is vital to power up C5BLE.

Is there any way that I can connect controller 2 to the bus on 12-13 and have everything work?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Faisal

Michael Giannikouris

Mar 3, 2017, 2:51:59 PM3/3/17
to OpenXC
Hi Faisal,

Can you confirm that the OBD port is the right way up? If the two rows were accidentally reversed (what is assumed to be pin 1 is actually pin 9) then what you would think is pin 13 is actually pin 5, which is the ground connection and definitely vital for power up.

Mike

Faisal Waris

Mar 5, 2017, 12:58:45 PM3/5/17
to OpenXC
thanks Mike! that was it. I was counting the pins wrong side up.