request for odometer when is not at listen mode

Lior Malik

May 30, 2018, 2:10:07 AM5/30/18
to OpenXC
Hi,

When the I have a record (TRC file) of a vehicle, not always I can find the odometer message.
Is it possible there is no odometer message on CAN-bus?
Is there any query that I should "ask" for?

Thanks!
Lior

Eric Marsman

May 30, 2018, 11:13:59 AM5/30/18
to OpenXC
Hi Lior,

What vehicle (model & year) and what firmware type are you using?

Is the odo showing up in the Enabler dashboard, but not the trace file, or not at all?

Regards,
Eric

Lior Malik

May 31, 2018, 2:28:14 AM5/31/18
to OpenXC
Hi Eric,

the vehicle is Kia Picanto.
I know this is not in the type list, but i wonder if there is any PID for odometer for KIA Picanto.
The odometer is shown in the dashboard.

Thanks,
Lior

Eric Marsman

Jun 1, 2018, 3:34:38 PM6/1/18
to OpenXC
Odometer is not a standard PID. Unfortunately, I have no info on Kia CAN IDs.

By dashboard, I meant the Enabler Dashboard screen that shows the CAN signals. Not the vehicle dash. Since you're in a Kia and using diagnostics, that is empty for you. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Eric