Support for (European) Ford Mondeo MK4 2011r

Szymon Florek

Apr 27, 2018, 5:30:58 AM4/27/18
to OpenXC
Hi,

I have a question if there is OpenXC support for European version of Ford Mondeo MK4 - 2011r. (Sold in France)?

In OpenXC Ford Vehicle Compatibility Spreadsheet > Firmware Type for Vehicles tab I can find information that Type 3 firmware is available for Mondeo from 2013..
Can I assume that no supported firmware for 2011r MK4 one then or just 2011 year model was not tested yet and that is why no firmware addded to Spreadsheet?
Is this information also applicable for Mondeo sold in Europe?

Best regards,
Szymon

Eric Marsman

May 9, 2018, 1:52:57 PM5/9/18
to OpenXC
Hi Szymon,

In 2013, the Mondeo and Fusion were the same platform. For 2011, it was different and not type3. It's similar to the type8, but I don't think it will work great for the 2011.

Regards,
Eric