Ford explorer latest -- does it work -- door open esp

John Preston

Feb 24, 2016, 9:07:10 PM2/24/16
to OpenXC
Ok.

Been reading for a while and played with the simulator.

Before I buy a vin want to know the status ofthings.

Esp if I can get door open/close messages from ford explorer.. looks like 2011 maybe.. but what if its a 2012 or 2014?

Thanks in advance!

Zac

Mar 9, 2016, 5:03:58 PM3/9/16
to OpenXC
Hi John,

The current version of firmware for OpenXC (v6.0.3) has a bug with getting the door_status signal. It does work with version 5.x of vi-firmware. Shouldn't matter whether it's a 2011 Explorer or a 2014.

We're currently working on a new firmware release coming soon which will address the door_status issue with version 6.0.3 of the ford-compiled binary firmware files on developer.ford.com