Open XC not detected as COM port

Harish Kumar

Apr 18, 2017, 9:08:24 PM4/18/17
to OpenXC
Hi Team,

We have bought new OpenXC (CrossChasm C5 BLE 6) hardware and installed USB drivers as per https://github.com/openxc/vi-windows-driver/blob/master/README.mkd. Since it is new device i want to flash the firmware but the device is not getting detected as com port to flash firmware. The device manager always shows in libusb-win32 devices list only. Have a look of attached snapshot.

Please give me suggestions.

Thanks
Harish
DM.PNG

Eric Marsman

Apr 19, 2017, 11:14:06 AM4/19/17
to OpenXC
Hi Harish,

See the C5 programming instructions link here: http://openxcplatform.com/vehicle-interface/hardware.html#crosschasm

The USB driver is for communicating with commands from the openxc-python library. Those are libusb-win32.

FYI, the VI is for Vehicle Interface, not roman numeral 6 :)

Regards,
Eric

Harish Kumar

Apr 19, 2017, 1:13:34 PM4/19/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

For program the C5; the device should come in COM port. I am not getting the device in COM port and i have already posted my device manager screen shot.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Harish

Harish Kumar

Apr 19, 2017, 7:41:18 PM4/19/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

I could able to flash firmware by using windows 10 machine. Thanks

Regards
Harish