Nissan J11b

MSL

Mar 8, 2018, 9:43:21 AM3/8/18
to OpenXC
Hi Guys,

I do not manage to get any signals out of Nissan Qashqai J11b.
Apparently there seems to be some kind of blocker/gateway in place.
With older models it works perfectly (J11 and J11a).

Do any of you have any ideas on how to get this sorted out?
Cheers,
MSL

Eric Marsman

Apr 9, 2018, 2:39:48 PM4/9/18
to OpenXC
Hi,

We have no info on Nissan vehicles. It is not uncommon in newer vehicles to have a firewall/gateway block data.

You can try to connect behind the gateway directly to the CAN bus, but this has higher  risk for obvious reasons.

Regards,
Eric

Miika Lumme

Apr 26, 2018, 5:58:29 AM4/26/18
to OpenXC
Hi Eric,

Thanks for you reply.
I managed to solve it, by going straight to CAN bus.

Problem solved.

Cheers,
MSL