Ford Transit / Transit Connect / Tourneo

Seth

Jun 16, 2016, 7:59:11 PM6/16/16
to OpenXC
Does Ford plan to add support for the Transit platform?

Ryan

Jun 17, 2016, 2:23:08 PM6/17/16
to OpenXC
As far as I can tell, it should be type 3. Try it out and let us know what you get!

Greg Sadowy

Aug 16, 2016, 10:59:40 PM8/16/16
to OpenXC
I'm also interested if anyone has success with the Transit.

Dominic Meroux

Jan 28, 2017, 2:01:01 AM1/28/17
to OpenXC
Hi All,

I rented out a Transit 150 Zipcar (VIN: 1FTNE1YM0FKB02089) and got the following results, using the Reference VI and firmware version 7.2.0.

Types 4, 4a, 4b, 5 all produced only "steering_wheel_angle" with results attached.

Type 9 produced "fuel_consumed_since_restart" with results attached.

None of the other "Type X" firmware versions worked. Also I wasn't able to get the obd2 or translated firmware to work for some reason, but generally it's possible for any of these that I didn't push the Reference VI in far enough on one or two occasions.

Finally, I tried out a custom firmware configuration I created with a few diagnostic messages including "ethanol_fuel_percentage" and the JSON firmware configuration listing the diagnostic messages, the *.bin file for the Reference VI, and the output of "openxc-dump" as well as "openxc-obd2scanner" and a sample from "openxc-scanner" for this firmware is all listed here: https://github.com/dominicmeroux/Custom-OpenXC-Firmware/tree/master/Diagnostic-Minimal-Signals-Firmware/Transit-150-flex-fuel-test

Hope this helps!

Dominic
Transit_Type9.json
Transit_Type4.json