Testing Python library without any hardware

Boubouh Karim

Mar 6, 2016, 10:44:06 AM3/6/16
to OpenXC

Hello OpenXC people,

thanks for the great project,

I'm new here,i want to ask if a can test and develop any python applications using only some fake data offered
by the openxc platform like Vehicle Trace Files without using any hardware for now.

i'm planing to buy this hardware later,

if it's possible please give me a small how to.

Thanks.

Eric Marsman

Mar 8, 2016, 1:22:28 PM3/8/16
to OpenXC
Hi,

I haven't personally done trace files in python, but there is some support for it. See

Another option is to use the web simulator:

The python NetworkDataSource should work with the vehicle simulator.

Regards,
Eric

Boubouh Karim

Mar 9, 2016, 8:09:42 AM3/9/16
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Eric,

i'll try this options, they look very helpful,

what notice is that there is no visualization application for the OpenXC, so what i would like to do it to create an interactive dashboard, using Charts ...,

So i hope the Openxc python lib will offer some tools to well interact with data

Thanks again.

Eric Marsman

Mar 9, 2016, 11:17:36 AM3/9/16
to OpenXC
For visualization, here are a couple starting points. If you and more, please contribute back!

Also, keep your eyes peeled for some upcoming OpenXC integration with BugLabs Freeboard.

Python starters:

Web based visualization: