iOS framework get vehicle speed

mrBadger

Nov 10, 2016, 8:55:49 AM11/10/16
to OpenXC
Hello!

The current version of OpenXC iOS framework does not have any vehicle speed mention as it is in Android framework (with class VehicleSpeed). Does it mean iOS framework is not supposed to return vehicle speed value? Or I can obtain it using VehicleManager.sharedInstance.getLatest("vehicle_speed")?

I also have more general question - It it possible to obtain vehicle speed and location using CrossChasm C5 BLE device and iOS framework (assuming vehicle has a GPS tracker)?

Thanks in advance.

Kanishka Vedi

Nov 11, 2016, 7:41:13 AM11/11/16
to OpenXC
Hi mrBadger,

Nice to see your interest in OpenXC iOS framework. It supports getting the vehicle speed using VehicleManager.sharedInstance.getLatest("vehicle_speed"). You may see the detailed documents in the repository.

And yes, it is possible to obtain vehicle speed and location using C5 BLE device and OpenXC iOS Framework.

Regards
Kanishka