make tests

Michael Giannikouris

Sep 16, 2015, 10:49:10 AM9/16/15
to OpenXC
I think this is a question for Chris Peplin, but generally looking for help on running the unit test suite (make test) on the openxc:crosschasm-c5 branch before completing a pull request to openxc:next.

I've been trying to run this both locally in VirtualBox and from the GitHub repo. The environment setup (presumably) runs OK, but when it calls PLATFORM=TESTING make test, I get the error "make: *** No rule to make target `build/tests/tests/buffer_tests.bin', needed by `unit_tests'.  Stop." Nothing builds.

I get the same behaviour when I checkout openxc:master.

I don't see any bin files under version control (nor do I know what they are for...I'm going to guess that it contains test data for the buffer tests). Are they generated by a script somewhere (and if so, can anyone think of a reason that script isn't running with Travis)? Do I need to supply the bin?

Thanks!

Mike

Christopher Peplin

Sep 16, 2015, 12:44:02 PM9/16/15
to openxc@googlegroups com
Hey Mike,

I think this means that one or more of the git submodules is out of date or not on the expected version. I just brouight the submodules in the c5 branch up to date with the 'next' branch and now it's giving different errors about a missing telit_HE910.h file. I'm not sure how 'next' got merged in, but not the update submodules, but it seems to get farther in the build process now.

Chris