Sending and receiving a large packet greater than 8 Bytes

A Nerd

Apr 12, 2017, 2:40:08 PM4/12/17
to OpenXC
Is it possible to send or receive a packet greater than 8 bytes? I know that ISO 15765 implements this by splitting them into separate frames.

I'm trying to send/receive large packets of data via the JSON implementation.

(I seen a note about it only supporting single frame ISO-TP messages natively.) Maybe could do this on the UI side (in android)?

Thanks in advance!

-N

Eric Marsman

Apr 12, 2017, 3:17:31 PM4/12/17
to OpenXC
Hi "nerd" :)

We are working on updating that. The current vi-firmware master has support for receiving multi-frame messages. Here is the PR:

We are working on handling flow control for multi-frame send (see Send-Multi-Frame branches in vi-firmware, iso-tp, and uds-c). It's works when being driven by python. Working on updating Android and iOS libraries. Then documentation will be updated. A change this big has lots of moving parts.

Feel free to use it. We've been testing on Ref VI and will then check C5 platforms. Let us know any results.

Regards,
Eric