Can not Compile .. Unable to find file in search paths

nadeem jamal

Feb 9, 2018, 3:39:40 AM2/9/18
to OpenXC
Dear All,

Sorry i am not very good at linux and Python. Please bear with me.

I finaly complied the reference firmware and now trying to config my own.

I decided to start with the Passthrough.json code, as thats all i need. When i goto compile it using :

openxc-generate-firmware-code --message-set ~/passthrough.json
I get the following error :-
Unable to find Passthrough.json in search path ([''])
I am not sure where i am suppose to put this file. I tried to place it in many places but still it never sees it .
I also tried
openxc-generate-firmware-code --message-set ~/users/nadeem/vi-firmware-code/passthrough.json.
I also tried in vagran ssh in home directory.

Please can someone help

Eric Marsman

Feb 12, 2018, 12:40:23 PM2/12/18
to OpenXC
Can you share the contents of your passthrough.json file?

It is odd that your error message says "Passthrough.json" but your command says "passthrough.json" (capital letter different). Are you sure you're doing what you typed here?

As long you provide the path the script should find it. I usually just put my json in the vi-firmware/src directory and cd into that directory and then run

openxc-generate-firmware-code --message-set ./passthrough.json

Regards,
Eric