Payload or Diagnostic command for steering wheel angle

Raphael Ottoni

Jun 8, 2017, 3:11:04 PM6/8/17
to OpenXC
Hello,

I am trying to get the steering wheel angle from my New Fiesta  2012.  I don't have access to the FORD VI, but I hope I can inject the payload/diagnostic command trough a python bluetooth serial connection with an normal OBDII interface.

Have you guys tried something like it?

Also, do you guys know if the openxc-vehicle-simulator actually answers commands? I think they only broadcast information =/

Eric Marsman

Jun 16, 2017, 2:06:38 PM6/16/17
to OpenXC
Hi Raphael,

I can't help you with figuring out the payload or diagnostic commands for steering wheel angle, but it is part of our standard data set and an OpenXC Reference VI with type6 firmware will decode it for you and give you the data.

Correct, the openxc-vehicle-simulator is used to generate inputs for testing Android (and soon iOS) applications. It does not respond to input besides from the web interface.

Regards,
Eric