support for brake pressure

Helen

Jul 6, 2015, 5:27:32 PM7/6/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I see brake pressure is a binary variable just now.
Is there a way to retrieve actual brake pressure?

Zac

Jul 6, 2015, 6:57:29 PM7/6/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Helen,

You're correct, the current brake pedal signal is just a binary output. Unfortunately you can't access brake pressure directly from the Ford-compiled firmware, but we will definitely add this to our list of requested signals.

In the meantime, there might be some other method to get brake pedal position such as an extra position sensor of some kind. Anyone outside of Ford have experience with this?

Thanks,
Zac

Helen

Jul 7, 2015, 2:45:05 AM7/7/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zac.
It would be a nice feature for a new version of openxc.
I will look for a hardware external sensor and post what I can find here.