OpenXC Android now supports Android Studio

Chris

Jul 31, 2015, 9:24:39 AM7/31/15
to OpenXC
Since Google moved from Eclipse to Android Studio as the official Android IDE and build environment, I've been slowly migrating our projects behind the scenes. I'm happy to announce that it's finally ready, and all of the projects have been updated.

Version 6.1.4 of the Android library is released to the JCenter repository, so it can be very easily used in any Android Studio project by adding this to your build.grade file:

compile 'com.openxcplatform:library:6.1.0+'

I've also released a new version of the Enabler to the Play store that's built against this version of the library. There aren't any major changes, but you can thank Charles Reitz for an performance optimization.

Please file an issue against the GitHub project if you encounter any problems setting up the new library.

This does mean that we no longer support Eclipse - there's no reason you shouldn't be able to import the code, but I can't vouch for any tweaks or additional setup you will have to do to get the dependencies in order. If you're still on Eclipse, I highly recommend switching to Android Studio.

Thanks,
Chris