View stderr log

Kyle Kelly

Jul 8, 2016, 3:53:22 PM7/8/16
to OpenXC
I cannot seem to find a way to view the stderr log. I have compiled with DEBUG=1 and run a command similar to:

openxc-control write --name my_openxc_measurement --value 42 --log-mode stderr

The documentation says that I can view the logs to make sure the write went through. I have used --help, but everything I input says that I am missing an argument or creates (I think) another write.

Thanks,

Kyle

Eric Marsman

Jul 13, 2016, 1:45:31 PM7/13/16
to OpenXC
Hi Kyle,

Your command seems correct. From a normal/default build, there isn't a lot of debug information that comes out. You could add your own messages to debug output. Or you can compile with

DEFAULT_METRICS_STATUS=1

which will give you statistics about messages every few minutes.

Regards,
Eric