Developing a generic App using OpenXC platform

Tanvir Majumdar

Jul 21, 2017, 10:47:43 AM7/21/17
to OpenXC
Hello,

We have hardware to send and receive CAN messages. Now, we want to use the received CAN messages and create a webpage/App where we can see the various vehicle info. I want to be as generic as possible. How can I use OpenXC's open source code to build an App? I am trying to build the App so that it can be used for all the vehicles including Ford.

Thanks,
Tanvir

Eric Marsman

Jul 21, 2017, 11:10:39 AM7/21/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

Are you using OpenXC hardware to get messages? If so, then you can use our Android, Python, or iOS libraries to build apps. If not, the best way is to convert the CAN messages to the openxc-message-format (https://github.com/openxc/openxc-message-format) and use the same libraries.

Regards,
Eric