how to add new fields in signals.json to generate signals.cpp

Pons N

Dec 11, 2017, 7:59:07 AM12/11/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

I would like to add new field as "generic_name" inside the mapped_signals.json and to be considered as part of openxc generator in generating the signals.cpp.

Whether this is feasible with existing system? My requirement is to add my own field as part of mapped_signals.json and publish those field values when signal is received.

Regards,
Ponniah N

Eric Marsman

Dec 12, 2017, 10:40:03 AM12/12/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

Please refer to the latest version of the firmware and python documentation. Again, the mapped_signals.json example is old.

This page describes all of the config options in JSON. Please see the examples there.

You should be able to add your own field if you want to. Or you may want to look at adding it in the decoder or look at the "extras" part of the openxc-message-format.

Regards,
Eric