OpenXC enabler cannot get data from Ford Reference VI through Bluetooth

lzj201...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2017, 10:50:29 AM6/28/17
to OpenXC
Hi,
    I plug the Ford Reference VI in my 2015 manual Ford Focus. The OpenXC enabler pairs with the VI. But there is no CAN message in the app. I have used these firmwares: vi-default-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.2.0, vi-default-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.1.1, vi-obd2-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.2.0, vi-translated_obd2-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.2.0. They all do not work.

Eric Marsman

Jun 30, 2017, 10:44:03 AM6/30/17
to OpenXC
Hello,

If you want to get the can data from the Focus, you need to program it with the correct firmware type for your vehicle.

From the spreadsheet there, your vehicle is a type4a. You can download that from the Ford Developer site and try that out.

Regards,
Eric