Getting started with OpenXC

farhana...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 5:21:16 AM3/31/16
to OpenXC
Hi there!
I have just start working with OpenXC and want to develop an android app. Does anybody know that OpenXC works for Toyota corolla 2015 or Mitsubishi ek wagon 2015 ?? Both support CAN protocol and have OBD-II port.

thanks for your answer.

Dan Smith

Apr 1, 2016, 11:33:54 AM4/1/16
to OpenXC
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe OpenXC supports only Ford's.

F(x)

Apr 1, 2016, 11:40:10 AM4/1/16
to OpenXC
It'll read other manufacturers, then you need to reverse engineer the signals.

Also, openxc only logs/outputs 8 byte messages.

Eric Marsman

Apr 7, 2016, 4:21:45 PM4/7/16
to OpenXC
Correct. The firmware we release will decode the OpenXC Data Set for Ford vehicles. The device can read CAN, but you'll have to figure out how to decode it for non-Ford vehicles. It has been done.

Regards,
Eric

Zik

Dec 22, 2016, 4:57:34 PM12/22/16
to OpenXC
I recognize this is an old post, The note below seems to indicate that only Ford data is interpreted. I was under the impression that the OBD2 firmware can request and read standard PID for all vehicles sold in the US since 2008, isn't that the case?

Kanishka Vedi

Dec 26, 2016, 3:00:12 AM12/26/16
to OpenXC
Hi ZK,

As mentioned by Eric, the VI device can read CAN data but you will have to figure out on how to decode for a non Ford vehicle. OpenXC can decode for Ford only vehicles for you.

Thanks
Kanishka

Eric Marsman

Jan 4, 2017, 3:22:12 PM1/4/17
to OpenXC
Hi Zik,

You need to differentiate between CAN data and OBD2 PID requests. You'll have to decode CAN. OBD2 standard diagnostic PIDs are well documented and some modes are common across OEMs.

Regards,
Eric

Ziad

Jan 4, 2017, 5:09:51 PM1/4/17
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thank you. That is what I thought but did not articulate my comment very well.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/openxc.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openxc/00f9e468-8eb9-4513-a284-2a489cc21d2c%40googlegroups.com.