openXC adaptors get more info than others?

49 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

TJ Marbois

ungelesen,
08.08.2016, 02:32:1208.08.16
an OpenXC
Hi

I have a question about the OpenXC adaptors vs commercially available ODB readers out there -- since these are developed with Ford do they get us access to more of the CAN message data than other adaptor kits do?  or have other providers done lots of reverse engineering with their software kits and can also get at more of the diagnostic data?

cheers

Tj

Zac

ungelesen,
09.08.2016, 12:22:3309.08.16
an OpenXC
Hi TJ,

Yes, with OpenXC you definitely get more data from Ford vehicles than you would with other OBD2 dongles. Most other dongles do diagnostic requests to access vehicle data like engine speed and vehicle speed. OpenXC can perform those same requests AND decode raw CAN traffic to access a whole host of other data. Take a look at the data set here: http://openxcplatform.com/about/data-set.html. A lot of that data set (like GPS, door status, steering wheel angle, etc) is made available my translating the raw vehicle CAN traffic are not available via diagnostics.

Is there a specific data set that you are interested in?

Thanks,
Zac

TJ Marbois

ungelesen,
09.08.2016, 12:43:1609.08.16
an ope...@googlegroups.com
Zac

Thanks!  Im mostly interested to see how much information I can get in sum total.  I want to build a continuous database of the lifetime of the vehicle to see how it does.  Every bit of data I can collect would be great.  The deepest access to the data is what Im hoping to find.

I just ordered a couple of bluetooth adaptors from PLX - but next up I will be investigating these from OpenXC!

cheers

Tj

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor