Vehicle types supported

Raghu Babu Varada

Mar 10, 2015, 9:30:03 AM3/10/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new to openxc, first thing i want to know before i deepdive into openXC. Are only ford vehicles support openXC? Can i use openxc hardware and firmware on any manufacturer type?? If so, where can i get supported vehicles list?

Thanks,
Raghu

Zac

Mar 11, 2015, 9:19:06 AM3/11/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raghu,

Right now, Ford is the only OEM to release binary firmware files which translate the proprietary CAN messages into JSON. Those can be downloaded from developer.ford.com

OpenXC also supports diagnostics which theoretically can work on all US vehicles. There's been some successful testing on Toyota vehicles and you can search through this forum to find other vehicles that have been tested. You might also be able to find CAN signal information from other OEM's and build your own firmware.

Hope that helps,
Zac

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Mar 24, 2015, 5:23:41 AM3/24/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zac,

Can you mention Toyota vehicles for which testing has been successful? I will try on those vehicles. I am still struggling to get the data. Not able to get any real time data from any car. Tried changing firmwares. different vehicles, different mobile devices. Nothing is working for me. I am getting some fake/pre-stored data with one firmware names vi-emulator-firmware-*.bin. But i want real time data from car which I am not able to get.

Please help on this.

Zac

Mar 25, 2015, 9:10:30 AM3/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bahkti,

Have you tried the Ford-compiled firmware files from developer.ford.com? There are more details here: http://openxcplatform.com/hardware/vehicles.html. Type-7 firmware should work on the Ford Figo from 2010 - 2015.

Another forum member, Dave B uploaded some firmware versions for a GM traverse and a Jeep: https://github.com/brunsdav/Non-Ford-OpenXC-Firmware/

Can you try the Ford-compiled firmware and let me know if you have any success in the Figo?

Thanks,
Zac

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Mar 25, 2015, 10:59:03 AM3/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zac, I am not able to get firmware files on website you mentioned above. Can you Please provide specific files? I want to try with these files. Awaiting for your response.

Zac

Mar 26, 2015, 1:38:58 PM3/26/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Bhakti,

I cannot provide you the firmware files. They need to be downloaded from the developer.ford.com website after you create a login profile. Have you created a profile and agreed to the developer terms? Once you complete this you will be able to download the firmware files. Please let me know what errors you are getting. Perhaps some screenshots would be useful.

Thanks,
Zac

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Mar 27, 2015, 7:47:11 AM3/27/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zac,

I downloaded and tried. Type 7 is working with Ford Figo but it is not giving Door status and head lamp status. I am able to get real time vehicle speed form that. But I need other 2 values also for my application. I tried Type 6 which gives all 3 values, but not able to get from Figo. Please suggest other options and also tell me which toyota vehicles are giving data as you said there was some successful testing on Toyota.

Regards,
Bhakti

Zac

Mar 27, 2015, 2:28:55 PM3/27/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, I don't have a log of suitable Toyota vehicles. You'll need to look through the forum and see if there's any examples. I've heard of some people having success in a Toyota, but I'm not sure which ones.

As for the door status signals: that is an issue with the public binary files for version type 6 which will be addressed in the next release.

I'll send you a previous version of the firmware (5.1.1) which you can test to see if Door Status comes through.

- Zac

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Mar 30, 2015, 1:47:43 AM3/30/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zac, Thank you for your email. I also need crosschasm  firmware files as I am trying with both VIs to get the data.

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Mar 30, 2015, 3:05:29 AM3/30/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zac, I tested 5.1.1 firmwares with Ford Figo and EcoSports. Its not working. Can you please send crosschasm firmware files for that? We are more successful with crosschasm VI than Ford VI.