OpenXC VI will not connect to flash firmware

323 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Aaron McRuer

ungelesen,
30.05.2014, 18:54:4630.05.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com
I had a problem with my OpenXC VI, and tried to re-flash some firmware to it to see if that solved the problem. However, when I try to flash firmware (hold in the "reset button" with a pin), it doesn't flash green. It just stays green and Windows says that the USB device is not recognized. Any idea what's going on here? It was working fine not too long ago...

Chris

ungelesen,
03.06.2014, 23:41:2303.06.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com
Any luck with this, Aaron? Try wiggling the USB cable where it attaches to the VI - it's possible the micro-USB connector is coming off of the board.

Aaron McRuer

ungelesen,
04.06.2014, 13:25:3404.06.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com

Chris,

I just tried that. The flash occurred, but it went back to green again. Further attempts were unsuccessful.

I've also tried opening the VI up in order to get a closer look at the aforementioned USB port's connection to the board, but one of the screws holding the case together is screwed in so tightly that I've rounded out the hole for the Allen wrench. I even tried 3-in-1 oil... Wouldn't budge. 😑

Matthew Dobson

ungelesen,
06.08.2014, 16:05:3606.08.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,

My team and I have run into the same issue. We've tried manipulating the USB cable, and still no response from the VI itself.

-Matt

Zac

ungelesen,
06.08.2014, 16:11:0406.08.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Are you able to open the casing of your VI? There's definitely a known issue where the USB soldering connection can become detached from the circuit board.

Are you able to connect to the VI over USB for regular data? Either USB to Android or to a computer with the python tools?

- Zac

Matthew Dobson

ungelesen,
06.08.2014, 16:20:1006.08.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com
We cracked open the case and it looks like the reset button is crooked. However, we can connect and have the VI generically listen for data.

-Matt

--
Matthew Dobson | Labs | apigee m: +1.734.634.5472 | twitter @mdobs @apigee

Zac

ungelesen,
06.08.2014, 16:30:1106.08.14
an ope...@googlegroups.com
Ah okay. Sounds like USB is working and the button is the issue.

Debasis Shee

ungelesen,
13.10.2015, 18:24:3713.10.15
an OpenXC
Hello,
I am a newbie and facing same issue like Aaaron.I opened the case and it looks like the USB port is intact,i tried with pressing the other programming button,while pressed,the green LED switches off and if released,the LED again switches on.I tried several time pressing the programming button,but nothing happens and green LED remains green and i am not able to re-flash it.But at very first it worked fine and i was able to copy firmware files into the LPC1759 drive and the device was flashed.What could be the reason?

Thanks,
Debasis

Zac

ungelesen,
16.10.2015, 13:23:5916.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi Debasis,

You need to have the reset button pressed as you plug in the VI to the computer. Can you check the instructions here and confirm that you're doing that? http://vi.openxcplatform.com/firmware/programming/usb.html

Here's the text from the website: "While holding down the programming button, connect a micro-USB cable to the VI and to the computer you will use to do the programming - an LED on the VI will flash green, and then you can let go of the button."

Thanks,
Zac

Debasis Shee

ungelesen,
16.10.2015, 13:53:2116.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi Zac,
I did that.For the first 2  times it worked,but after that i am not able to re-flash it with other firmwares.Even i tried with other button,opening the case,but no luck.

Thanks,
Debasis

Eric Marsman

ungelesen,
19.10.2015, 10:35:1019.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi Debasis,

It looks like you are having trouble on multiple fronts. Let's fix this problem (connecting to PC over USB) first and then come back to the other issue. That may help everyone follow the conversation and focus on the actual problem. I'm not sure where you are not since there about 5 different threads with different information from you.

You shouldn't need the other programming button. Just the one that's available from outside. Unless you wanted to try holding both down per this page, but I actually haven't tried that in a long time.

In the other thread, you said you were getting the message saying it couldn't detect a device. Does the device show up in the Device Manager? Trying to figure out if the USB port is good besides power (which is there since the LEDs are lighting up).

I would also recommend trying it several times. Plug and unplug the USB on the PC side while holding the reset button. I've had a few times where it was finicky.

Where did you obtain your VI?

Regards,
Eric

Debasis Shee

ungelesen,
19.10.2015, 15:29:5519.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi Eric,
Thanks for your response.I tried doing plug-in and holding down the programming button as per instructions from here http://vi.openxcplatform.com/firmware/programming/usb.html several times,but the drive LPC1759 was never shown,except the first 2 attempts.I got the message "openxc.sources.base.DataSourceError: No USB vehicle interface detected - is one plugged in?" when i  run command openxc-control version, using the python library.The device was bought from https://shop.openxcplatform.com/

Thanks,
Debasis

Eric Marsman

ungelesen,
20.10.2015, 10:20:2820.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi Debasis,

>  Does the device show up in the Device Manager?

Did you get the "No USB vehicle interface detected" message from Python all the time or just after the problem occurred with programming. Trying to figure out if your python is setup correctly or if that means the USB isn't working.

Debasis Shee

ungelesen,
20.10.2015, 18:57:4720.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi Eric,
I have installed the python tools properly,otherwise the commands would not be run at very beginning(return some other error,i am attaching the error log).I first flashed the VI,then tried to test it using enabler app,but when it threw exception "10-13 11:28:18.662 20078-20715/? W/BluetoothVehicleInterface: com.openxc.interfaces.bluetooth.BluetoothException: Could not connect to SPP service on android.bluetooth.BluetoothSocket@416be300
10-13 11:28:18.662 20078-20715/? W/BluetoothVehicleInterface:     at com.openxc.interfaces.bluetooth.DeviceManager.connect(DeviceManager.java:105)",

then i installed the python tool to find more details.

openxc-control version

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/bin/openxc-control", line 9, in <module>

    load_entry_point('openxc==0.12.0', 'console_scripts', 'openxc-control')()

  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/openxc/tools/control.py", line 119, in main

    interface = interface_class(**interface_kwargs)

  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/openxc/sources/usb.py", line 69, in __init__

    raise DataSourceError("No USB vehicle interface detected - is one plugged in?")

openxc.sources.base.DataSourceError: No USB vehicle interface detected - is one plugged in?

Thanks,

Debasis

Debasis Shee

ungelesen,
23.10.2015, 21:10:1423.10.15
an OpenXC
Hi ,
Please provide me some clues/help,otherwise i am going to send the VI device back.

Thanks,
Debasis

Eric Marsman

ungelesen,
26.10.2015, 13:10:5026.10.15
an OpenXC

> I have installed the python tools properly,otherwise the commands would not be run at very beginning(return some other error,i am attaching the error log).

You are correct. I really meant the USB drivers for the device which python depends on, not the python. Does the VI show up in Device Manager? Were you ever able to talk to it via Python?

If you're not able to talk to the device over USB, then you can try some of the advanced options here: http://vi-firmware.openxcplatform.com/en/master/platforms/ford.html

Do you have an Olimex USB JTAG to talk to MCU over JTAG? Then you can confirm the bootloader is correct: https://github.com/openxc/openlpc-USB_Bootloader

Once you are able to talk to the VI and reflash it, then we can debug the BT connection with Android. But if you can't update the firmware, then I don't see much point in that right now.

Regards,
Eric
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Mauricio Marcano Sandoval

ungelesen,
16.04.2016, 10:21:2916.04.16
an OpenXC
Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I press the programming button and as soon as I connect the device to the USB port it turns the green led on, but nothing appears in the available device. the LPC device doesnt show up and I cant upload a new firmware.

Any update in this problem?

Thanks

Mauricio Marcano Sandoval

ungelesen,
16.04.2016, 10:38:4016.04.16
an OpenXC
Hi,

I was having the same issue and I could fix it.

I opened the case a while plugged in (red light) I pressed the reset button. Then while pressing the reset button (S1) I pressed the programming button (S2), after that I unplugeed I plugged in again while holding the programming button and I recognized the LPC to upload the new firmware. Then I upload the emulator firmware I reconnect and it recognized the usb port.

I hope this can help.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten