Not able to get real time data from Openxc OBD Device

Atul Kanekar

May 10, 2017, 10:13:29 AM5/10/17
to OpenXC
Hi,
  I am working on some real time data of car. Fot that i am using Openxc OBD device in car to getting real time data. but its giving me dump data. I am following doc( http://vi-firmware.openxcplatform.com/en/master/getting-started/development-environment.html  ) to setup openxc environment . Once i connected in car. i run cmd for getting device id and dashboard but no success. So please help in that or recommend some docs that i can follow. I have tested connecting the device to laptop and android app but no success in to get real data. Also tryed for cmd as below.

openxc-scanner
openxc-dashboard
openxc-control id
openxc-diag

i am useing vi-firmware version 7.1.2

C:\Users\atulk>openxc-dashboard
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\Scripts\openxc-dashboard-script.py", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('openxc', 'console_scripts', 'openxc-dashboard')()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 560, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 2648, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 2302, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pkg_resources\__init__.py", line 2308, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\openxc\tools\dashboard.py", line 11, in <module>
    import curses
  File "C:\Python27\lib\curses\__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    from _curses import *
ImportError: No module named _curses

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Regards,
Atul kanekar

Eric Marsman

May 12, 2017, 12:04:47 PM5/12/17
to OpenXC
Hi Atul,

Which VI, what car, and what exact firmware (emulator, obd2, type?) are you using? We don't have a version 7.1.2.

The error you showed below should only appear for openxc-dashboard. See this thread for a fix:

The other python commands you list may be reporting errors, but they are different if you read them closely. Please provide more details and I can help you work through them.

Regards,
Eric

Atul Kanekar

Jun 28, 2017, 4:28:16 AM6/28/17
to OpenXC
Hi Eric,
    We almost used  all default / emulator / obd2 / tarnslated_obd2 firmware with Nissan car for getting all compatible param of vehicle. So far no luck. So can you suggest the way to get all possible param of vehicle of Nissan car with firmware.

Thanks.

Regards,
Atul

Atul Kanekar

Jun 28, 2017, 6:31:57 AM6/28/17
to OpenXC
Hi  Eric,
     We recently used  tarnslated_obd2 and tried with Nissan car  and we are getting four to five param with live data but we are looking to more param. So let us know what is the configuration to get mote param?

Thanks

Regards,
Atul

Eric Marsman

Jun 30, 2017, 10:41:46 AM6/30/17
to OpenXC
Hi Atul,

The translated_obd2 firmware looks for these signals:

That code is here:

You'll have to go through them and see which ones aren't working. Unfortunately, I can give you no info on why or how Nissan may or may not respond. You can test some of these diagnostics using the Enabler app or Python commands (openxc-diag).

Regards,
Eric