accessing latitude and longitude

Robert Baruch

Jan 16, 2017, 1:10:03 PM1/16/17
to OpenXC

I am using the c5ble VI and I've loaded the pre-compiled firmware for my vehicle (Ford F-150). How would I access the latitude and longitude? it doesn't appear to stream these values - I'm only getting values for:

accelerator_pedal_position

brake_pedal_status

engine_speed

fuel_consumed_since_restart

fuel_level

headlamp_status

high_beam_status

ignition_status

odometer

parking_brake_status

steering_wheel_angle

torque_at_transmission

transmission_gear_position

vehicle_speed

windshield_wiper_status

How would I get these items to stream too?

Thanks,

Rob

Eric Marsman

Jan 17, 2017, 1:34:52 PM1/17/17
to OpenXC
Hi Robert,

This should work. What year is your F-150 and what firmware type (1-9) are you using?

Regards,
Eric

Robert Baruch

Jan 17, 2017, 2:06:09 PM1/17/17
to ope...@googlegroups.com

2017 - firmware type 3

Eric Marsman

Jan 30, 2017, 3:20:51 PM1/30/17
to OpenXC
Hi Rob,

I was able to confirm that the GPS signals moved on the recent F-150 (and a few other type3s). Unfortunately, I couldn't find a quick way to get them elsewhere. I will have to dig deeper. I will work on this, but it may take some time.

Can you use the android option to use the phone GPS instead?

Regards,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to openxc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Robert Baruch

Jan 30, 2017, 7:05:27 PM1/30/17
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Thanks for the reply. I'm building an embedded application so I was relying on the data from the Bluetooth output.

Best,
Rob
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to openxc+un...@googlegroups.com.