We want to use dongle with BLE for FORD, is it possible?

minneksh

Aug 29, 2017, 3:54:50 AM8/29/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

We saw there is only one dongle solution for FORD on OpenXC wensite, and we would like to use BLE, is it possible to use CROSSCHASM C5 BLE VI for Ford?

Thanks,
ShuHan Kang

Eric Marsman

Aug 29, 2017, 3:27:46 PM8/29/17
to OpenXC
Hi,

There are 5 different VIs available. Where did you see there is only 1?

Ford Reference VI
C5 BT
C5 Cellular
C5 BLE
ChipKit

From the same page:

All have the same vehicle support with the caveat of OBD-II pinouts may be different. Unless you have a specific need for BLE (iOS), I would recommend the Reference VI.

Regards,
Eric

david...@unimax.com.tw

Aug 30, 2017, 3:17:07 AM8/30/17
to OpenXC
Hi Eric:
    Do "Wireless interface" of BT and BLE support SPP?
Would you explain how to inquiry OBDII status by bluetooth protocol?
If we can achieve this by sending JSON format diagnostic request?

Thank you!
Eric Marsman於 2017年8月30日星期三 UTC+8上午3時27分46秒寫道:

Eric Marsman

Aug 30, 2017, 9:40:30 AM8/30/17
to OpenXC
BLE does not support SPP as a standard. SPP is BT classic.

We use SPP on BT Classic. We use a generic GATT on BLE. Both use the openxc-message-format to send/receive commands/data.

Regards,
Eric

David...@unimax.com.tw

Aug 31, 2017, 3:28:29 AM8/31/17
to OpenXC
Dear Eric:
    Thanks the information. Therefore I can use JSON format to inquiry OBDII data by GATT on BLE.
Am I correct?

Thanks!

Eric Marsman於 2017年8月30日星期三 UTC+8下午9時40分30秒寫道:

Eric Marsman

Aug 31, 2017, 1:01:02 PM8/31/17
to OpenXC
Yes, this is what the iOS framework does.

Regards,
Eric