Issue: Bluetooth Connection to OpenXC Enabler App

Spencer Henry

Aug 25, 2015, 10:21:54 AM8/25/15
to OpenXC

I am here:
Ford Reference VI with firmware installed (Ford Type 3, see attached screenshot, Firmware.png)
VI plugged into 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost with engine running
VI displays blue light
OpenXC Enabler App open with no connection (see attached screenshot, VI not connected to App.png)
Phone identifies VI and allows me to pair, I use pin 1234 (see attached screenshot, Bluetooth pairing request.png)
VI is successfully paired with Phone (see attached screenshot, OpenXC-VI-F996 paired with phone.png)
OpenXC Enabler App still does not connect to VI (see attached screenshot, VI not connected to App.png)

Please advise on what may be going wrong / next steps.

Thanks,
Spencer

Spencer Henry
Powertrain Test Engineer
Ford Motor Company
Firmware.png
VI not connected to App.png
Bluetooth pairing request.png
OpenXC-VI-F996 paired with phone.png

Eric Marsman

Aug 25, 2015, 1:32:54 PM8/25/15
to OpenXC
I assume you're using V6.1.4 of the Enabler app? If so, this issue is being investigated:

I'd recommend rolling back to v6.0.6 of the Enabler app.

Spencer Henry

Aug 25, 2015, 3:35:33 PM8/25/15
to OpenXC
Thanks for your response. Yes, using v6.1.4.

I will try using v6.0.6 later today and return with results of the change.

Spencer Henry

Aug 26, 2015, 1:00:22 PM8/26/15
to OpenXC
v6.0.6 is working properly.

Chris

Aug 30, 2015, 12:49:29 AM8/30/15
to OpenXC
Thanks for the logs, Eric, that helped me find the root cause - Enabler v6.1.5 is rolling out to the Play store now with the fix. If you're curious, check out this commit to see what was broken: https://github.com/openxc/openxc-android/commit/c4a290ffc479ecac97fd22b13572f6975cb2eac2