OpenXC, mapping and routing?

Gerald Robert Quinones

May 29, 2016, 1:57:40 PM5/29/16
to OpenXC
I am wondering if OpenXC allows for a user to interact with third party apps like waze to override a car's internal navigation platform.

I find that my lexus rx 350 navigations is complete crap and would like to have my waze app be on the main display screen.

Rodney

May 30, 2016, 9:46:53 AM5/30/16
to OpenXC
Not sure how you even expect that to work?

You would need to be able to run WAZE on your factory nav to do that.

OpenXC gives you access to information off the databus.

If you have a tablet hooked to the OpenXC module you might be able to pickup the GPS from the vehicle but most tablets have their own GPS these days.

You MAY be able to find an interface that allows you to tie into your display and then provide an android "box" to do that... But it would be a totally separate system you would have to switch to. Would be about $500 for the two modules and has nothing to do with OpenXC.
The interface basically goes between your radio and your screen and will provide a variety of inputs for your screen. It also has a touch screen output if your screen has one so you can hook to an android box that will hook right up to the interface. Also has inputs for a rear view camera and potentially others.

but again, has absolutely nothing to do with OpenXC