How to use openXC without hardware

Anika Gupta

Jun 3, 2016, 2:20:51 AM6/3/16
to OpenXC
Hi

I want to test basic functionality of CAN protocol.

 By using OpenXC ,Can I simply test  functionality by connecting the board/device which supports CAN functionality to the host machine running on linux without connecting VI?

Please guide me about it as I m new with this.

Regards
Anika Gupta

Eric Marsman

Jun 3, 2016, 12:26:56 PM6/3/16
to OpenXC
Hi Anika,

OpenXC is a lot of the things. The VI, Android Library, Python library, etc. From your question, it sounds like you want to use the openxc-python library on Linux to talk to another device connected to CAN. If so, then no, that won't really work. The Python is expecting to talk to a device that is running vi-firmware (i.e. one of our VIs).

Regards,
Eric