OpenXC Starter. HELP!!!!

el disnak

Sep 29, 2015, 7:07:35 PM9/29/15
to OpenXC

I have a problem with the App OpenXC Starter. I tried to run this app in my phone. I did that de App Tutorial said but it does not work.

My problem is in the image. Of course Open XC Enabler is running. Anyone can help me??? Please....
openxc.png

Arun Ganesan

Oct 5, 2015, 2:48:36 PM10/5/15
to OpenXC
Im not sure what the correct way to fix this is, but I did the following and it worked.

I downloaded the openxc-android repository from github and opened the Android Manifest file from \library\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml (this file). In line 5, I added "android:exported="true"". The line now looks like this:

<service android:name="com.openxc.remote.VehicleService" android:process=":remote" android:exported="true" />

Then I compiled and ran the project on my device. It installed a new OpenXC enabler. The starter package works and shows the engine speed.

I guess this happens because some versions of Android require the "exported=true" part to allow apps to bind to services from other apps?

Christopher Peplin

Oct 5, 2015, 2:51:24 PM10/5/15
to openxc@googlegroups com
Great find! Do you want to send a pull request so we can get this fixed in the repository?

Arun Ganesan

Oct 5, 2015, 3:08:34 PM10/5/15
to OpenXC
Sure! Just submitted one now. Not sure if I did it right...

Debasis Shee

Oct 12, 2015, 8:42:22 PM10/12/15
to OpenXC
Hi Arun,
I have started with openXc platform last week.Me too downloaded the openxc-android library from Github and added 'android:exported="true"' as you wrote,but the starter app still does not work or even the library(i integrated in our ongoing project).Can you please help me out?

Thanks,
Debasis