Firmware issues

Aditya Mandal

Mar 8, 2017, 2:27:45 PM3/8/17
to OpenXC
Hello all,

I'm using Ford Reference VI to connect to the car. Following are the issues:

  • Based on the README provided in openxc-vi-firmware-v7.2.0 build, I flashed the 'vi-translated_obd2-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.2.0' on to the device as it felt most appropriate. However the device is not detected after reconnecting it to the laptop. Then I tried 'vi-obd2-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.2.0' and got the same result. After further investigation on the google group I found this - "Does it briefly flash bright red or green when you plug it into the car or USB? If it does, then it flashed correctly. " I don't see that happening with any of the 2 firmware build. I tried the default 'vi-default-firmware-FORDBOARD-ctv7.2.0' and looks like this works fine.
  • Using the default firmware build I drove the car around to see if openxc-dump reports any data. It turns the led to green but nothing is reported. Neither for openxc-dashboard. The vehicle is a Volkswagen Jetta (2014).

Any quick suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aditya

Eric Marsman

Mar 14, 2017, 2:12:42 PM3/14/17
to OpenXC
Hi Aditya,

I am not familiar with VW vehicles to provide support. The translated obd2 firmware should work as those are standard. However, you'll have to check pinouts of the OBD-II connector etc. Perhaps others here have experience with VW. You could always try a Ford or Lincoln :)

Regards,
Eric