Are the Ford PID's available? Or only part of the compiled firmware?

Danny Ackerman

Apr 11, 2016, 7:52:25 PM4/11/16
to OpenXC
Hi,

New to OpenXC.  Love the hardware (and software).

I've been working on my own OBD/CAN module and I had been looking around for months on how to get some of the data elements listed here (for Ford vehicles) such as Odometer, Seat Belts, Headlights, and some others.

Are these PID's available as part of the open source software, or are they proprietary and only available when using the compiled firmware?

I tried looking through the source on Github but couldn't find any reference to the actual PID's used.

Thanks!

Danny Ackerman

Apr 11, 2016, 7:58:23 PM4/11/16
to OpenXC
I think I just found the answer in another thread - proprietary.