Not getting data from Ford VI

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Feb 11, 2015, 6:25:41 AM2/11/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 I am using Ford OpenXC VI to get data from cars. I am not able to get any data other than latitude and longitude. Sometimes it created a trace file, but it gives incorrect data from driving.json file which is provided as a reference file by openXC team. I am only getting latitude and longitude with all types of indian cars. Can someone tell me the reason? What should I do to get Vehicle speed and vehicle door status? I need it for my project. Please help on this. I am using OpneXC Enabler app provided on website. Is there issue of android device? Or vehicle model? All models I am using are latest one(1 or 2 year old).

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Feb 11, 2015, 6:38:27 AM2/11/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I am using latest version of openXC firmware 6.0.6 and enabler 6.0.5.

Zac

Feb 11, 2015, 9:23:19 AM2/11/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bhakti,

What vehicles are you testing on? Are they Ford vehicles? What year and model? I'm not sure if Indian vehicles comply with the OBD-2 requirements, but you could try the OBD2-translated firmware and see what information you can get from the CAN bus, assuming that there is CAN bus connection from the OBD2 port.

- Zac

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Feb 12, 2015, 1:19:26 AM2/12/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I have tried with Ford Figo, Wagon R CXI, Swift and Hyundai Verna. All are 1 or 2 year old only. Does Ford VI connects to the CAN bus from OBD2 port? Or I need to have something more to get the CAN bus connection?

Zac

Feb 16, 2015, 4:33:17 PM2/16/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Bhakti,

I'm not certain of the non-Ford vehicles that you listed, but the VI should work on the Ford Figo. If you signup at developer.ford.com, you can access the Ford-released firmware binaries that are designed to work on the Ford Figo. Check this link here: http://openxcplatform.com/hardware/vehicles.html. The Ford VI connects to the CAN bus through the OBD2 port. You should not have to rewire any connections assuming the OBD2 port in your vehicle meets the specifications here: http://openxcplatform.com/vehicle-interface/hardware.html#obd-pins

You could also try connecting to the VI with a laptop and using the python tools to monitor output from the VI. That process is detailed here: http://openxcplatform.com/python/getting-started.html

- Zac

Gopalakrishnan R.

Feb 23, 2015, 9:54:06 AM2/23/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

  Could you please update how you are connecting Ford-VI, whether USB or Bluetooth? If you tried USB there may be device compatible issue, please check the supported device list: https://github.com/openxc/openxcplatform.com/wiki/Android-device-compatibility

You can try to connect through Bluetooth and post your results

FYI: I tried with Indian Ford vehicles Figo, Fiesta and Ecosport all are working fine (may be not all the parameters, but mostly working)

Regards
Gopal

Bhakti Kadgadkai

Feb 25, 2015, 12:31:22 AM2/25/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gopalkrishnan,

I am connecting by bluetooth only. But I have tried it with android device - Redmi 1s and LG Nexus 5. So is it device compatibility issue? Which device you have used to get the data? I am also planning to test on ecosports. Please let me know the device used by you. If avaialble I will try with it.

Regards,
Bhakti