AGL CAN project based upon OpenXC

romain...@iot.bzh

Apr 6, 2017, 4:31:43 AM4/6/17
to OpenXC
Hi everyone,

I just want to share with you the AGL CAN project that is based upon OpenXC project. This project is at its beginning and handle OBD2 PID as well as classic CAN messages. Mechanics isn't the same that yours so we need to decode any CAN messages but it isn't needed that we decode all the time all of them. So there is a subscription system in place to specify at runtime which signal we want to decode and send to higher level.

I reuse also the generator system, which is really great solution to be able to adapt project to any kind of CAN messages.And I have some questions about it, I do success to run xml_to_json.py python script as is. It doesn't output anything, but I think I just miss something and need to dig a little bit more. Using command line from documentation isn't working, does it maintained anymore ? Little question about CAN buses names from databases, I wonder if names is always the same, I always see about "hs", "ls" buses names but I imagine that using Vector software you can specify any name you want, no ?

Here is my presentation at the F2F meeting this week at Karlsruhe with AGL members.

Any comments appreciated :)

Best regards.
Signaling-Q1F2F-042017-Claneys-IoTbzh.odp

Eric Marsman

Apr 6, 2017, 1:51:50 PM4/6/17
to OpenXC
Cool project. This may be my motivation to get into AGL more! I only understand the basics now.

Yes, bus names can be anything. We use "hs" and "ms" just as standard nomenclature.

You may have some difficulty running xml_to_json directly. The actual entry point is

from the % openxc-generate-firmware-code command

You may have better luck using that instead.

Regards,
Eric