Decoding raw vehicle data

Kilian Hendrickx

Apr 18, 2018, 6:11:17 AM4/18/18
to OpenXC
Hello,

Is it possible to use OpenXC without the vehicle interface, and process recorded, raw CAN data?

For the project I'm working on, it is not possible to build an application using the VI, but I am able to record the CAN data. I now want to "replay" this recording for processing using OpenXC.

Thanks in advance!
Kilian

Eric Marsman

Apr 19, 2018, 10:16:32 AM4/19/18
to OpenXC
Hi Kilian,

This depends on the format of your recorded data. OpenXC uses our standard trace file format that apps can record or playback. Examples here: http://openxcplatform.com/resources/traces.html

Regards,
Eric

Kilian Hendrickx

Apr 20, 2018, 3:48:06 AM4/20/18
to OpenXC
Hi Eric

I see that the traces in the examples already contain the decoded channels. In my data, I only have raw CAN data as transmitted to the OBD2 port.

Kilian

Eric Marsman

Apr 20, 2018, 3:53:06 PM4/20/18
to OpenXC
No, unfortunately we can't share CAN IDs for decoding purposes.

Regards,
Eric