Google Books Bookshelves

David Penny

Mar 16, 2019, 8:51:30 AM3/16/19
to Open Wonderland Forum
I have some 500 books in my library and need to find a wat to classify them in a way which suits me.  Some time ago I ditched my NOOK so I could use Google books - my NOOK had a simple function to enable the user to readily create and add to bookshelves, surely such a function is not beyond to boffins at Google!  I know what ISBN etc is but classifying by this method is archaic to say the least.  As I see it the current implementation of "Bookshelves" is completely unusable for the average reader, can we have something more 21st century?

Maggie Leber

Mar 16, 2019, 9:20:51 AM3/16/19
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
The purpose of Google Books is...to sell books, not to help you find the books you already have. Same for Google Play Music. Amazon is nearly as bad.

Did you intend to post this to OpenWonderland?