Local network installation

in

Oct 20, 2012, 12:30:07 PM10/20/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi all is there any manual who explain how to install in local network?
Im working with a friend we point the to machines using ping command but we couldnt display the client in the server interface.
thanks in advance
uin

Jos Flores

Oct 20, 2012, 12:58:30 PM10/20/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, you will need to use the local addresses of the machines.
Probably something like 192.168.XX,XX, you can see that using the
comand 'ifconfig' in Linux and Mac or 'ipconfig' in windows. You will
also need to tell OWL to start the server in your local ip, see the
configurations options here:
http://openwonderland.org/download/binary#config-options
but instead of using localhost, you will need to use your IP so that
others can connect to your computer. They can point their browsers to
your ip and port 8080. Say that your IP is 192.168.1.10, then go to
the browser in your friends computer and point it to:
http://192.169.1.10:8080

and you should see the web page for OWL. You will also need to take
into account other pieces of software that might interfere such as
firewalls, proxies, and so on, but that is very dependent on your
network config and operating system, so we will need more information
if you need help with that.

But the first step anyway is to get it working in one machine... are
you at that point already?

cheers,
José

in

Oct 21, 2012, 10:00:10 PM10/21/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Dear Jose

Let me try on wendsday again. I will write back that day
thanks in advance
in
Message has been deleted

in

Oct 23, 2012, 3:24:48 PM10/23/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Dear Jose

I point one machine to the server IP and I saw it ; ), But when load
all the clases and the windows appear in the client side, it turn
black window and I couldnt see the virutal world. Then I try to type
the IP in client machine, where the window was open but I doestn work
I saw the Help and in the log it tell me that the Dark Server was not
running. I try to start it on the administration console, but it
doesnt work.

Is there something I miss?
Thanks in advance
in
Message has been deleted

Jos Flores

Oct 23, 2012, 3:36:46 PM10/23/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
If Dark Star is not coming up then there has to be information in the
logs about why it is not coming up. Please have a look at the trouble
shooting documentation and also search the forums. This type of
problems happen very often when new users join the community, so I'm
sure you'll find many answers there.

thanks
José

in

Oct 23, 2012, 3:37:59 PM10/23/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Here is the message it tell me the help in the client side

WARNING 16:28:55 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.Webstart
webstartSetup
Running from Java Web Start. Performing setup.
WARNING 16:29:03
org.jdesktop.wonderland.common.utils.ScannedClassLoader
createDB
Scanned classes in 3915 ms.
WARNING 16:29:05 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain
<init>
Error connecting to default server http://pc25-32.instituto.itc.cl:8080/
java.io.IOException: Error connecting to
http://pc25-32.instituto.itc.cl:8080/
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.loadServer(JmeClientMain.j
ava:417)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.<init>(JmeClientMain.java:
289)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.main(JmeClientMain.java:
64 9)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by:
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.comms.ServerUnavailableException:
No running Darkstar server found for http://pc25-32.instituto.itc.cl:8080/
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager.createSession(Ser
verSessionManager.java:334)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.loadServer(JmeClientMain.j
ava:415)
... 11 more

Jos Flores

Oct 23, 2012, 3:38:28 PM10/23/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I also have to add that if Dark Star is not running, then you cannot
really connect even from the same machine that you are running the
server. You need to make sure that it works in one machine only before
trying to fix any network configuration problems that might appear
later.

cheers,
José

On 23 October 2012 20:34, in <ignacioni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the error
>
> WARNING 16:28:55 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.Webstart webstartSetup
> Running from Java Web Start. Performing setup.
> WARNING 16:29:03 org.jdesktop.wonderland.common.utils.ScannedClassLoader
> createDB
> Scanned classes in 3915 ms.
> WARNING 16:29:05 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain <init>
> Error connecting to default server http://pc25-32.instituto.itc.cl:8080/
> java.io.IOException: Error connecting to
> http://pc25-32.instituto.itc.cl:8080/
> at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.loadServer(JmeClientMain.java:417)

in

Oct 24, 2012, 2:50:28 PM10/24/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jose
ok i start the server and now all the services are running. then i go tio the client machine type the ip and the port
and it coudnt connect

in

Jos Flores

Oct 24, 2012, 3:00:26 PM10/24/12