Re: Startup failure

Garrett

Sep 10, 2010, 5:09:48 PM9/10/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi

Getting the same error as posted here:

http://groups.google.com/group/openwonderland/msg/79d6678c0cfe44b6?dmode=source

a reply was posted "ant clean should fix it.", how do I go about doing
this?

thanks in advance
Garrett

Michel DENIS

Sep 11, 2010, 5:04:51 AM9/11/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Garret: for versions mismatch, just do "ant clean" then do "ant", and it
should be alright..
-michel

Garrett a �crit :

Garrett

Sep 11, 2010, 9:20:39 AM9/11/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Michel

I don't understand what you mean do "ant clean", how do I do "ant
clean"? Ant files are xml if I understand but how are they run?

Garrett

On Sep 11, 10:04 am, Michel DENIS <michel.m.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Garret: for versions mismatch, just do "ant clean" then do "ant", and it
> should be alright..
> -michel
>
> Garrett a crit :
>
> > Hi
>
> > Getting the same error as posted here:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/openwonderland/msg/79d6678c0cfe44b6?dm...

Bob Potter

Sep 11, 2010, 9:53:15 AM9/11/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
How are you using Wonderland?  Are you building using Netbeans or something like that or just using the binary?
Depending on how your system is setup you should be able to just run the clean target or from the command line type "ant clean" at the prompt.

However your problem might have to do with the working directory of the wonderland client.

you can try deleting the local .wonderland directory
In Linux it is located in the home directory /home/username/.wonderland  IMPORTANT - note the "." before the directory name.
In Windows Vista it is in C:\Users\username, in other versions of Windows it may be under C:\Documents & Settings\username

.wonderland is the local client directory whereas .wonderland-server is the server directory (given the error message you have shown, you can leave that one)

If these don't help, please supply more details as to what OS you are using, how you are running wonderland and if you are working with a binary version or compiling and building it with a Java IDE like Netbeans.  This would let us tailor our answers better to your level of expertise.

Bob

Garrett

Sep 11, 2010, 10:40:36 AM9/11/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Bob

I just downloaded the binary and followed the instructions on this
page:

http://www.openwonderland.org/download/binary

for getting it up and running on OSX. Everything seems to work and I
get as far as launching it through the web page and then it just fails
saying Application unable to run. I'm on OSX 10.5.8 intel, Java 6 SE
is installed. I've tried deleting the .wonderland folder in my user
folder. Restarted the server to recreate it but same error.

The full error in the Java console is as follows:

Java Web Start 1.6.0_20
Using JRE version 1.6.0_20-b02-279-9M3165 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit
Server VM
User home directory = /Users/garrett
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
Could not launch from cache. Will try online mode. [Some of required
resources are not cached.]
Sep 10, 2010 5:57:03 PM org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.Webstart
webstartSetup
WARNING: Running from Java Web Start. Performing setup.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Library/Java/Extensions/
libjogl.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Java/
Extensions/libjogl.jnilib: no matching architecture in universal
wrapper
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1823)
at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java:
189)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.access
$000(NativeLibLoader.java:49)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader
$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(NativeLibLoader.java:80)
at
com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadLibrary(NativeLibLoader.java:
103)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.access
$200(NativeLibLoader.java:49)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:
111)
at com.sun.opengl.impl.NativeLibLoader.loadCore(NativeLibLoader.java:
109)
at
com.sun.opengl.impl.macosx.MacOSXGLDrawableFactory.<clinit>(MacOSXGLDrawableFactory.java:
53)
at
javax.media.opengl.GLDrawableFactory.getFactory(GLDrawableFactory.java:
108)
at
javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.chooseGraphicsConfiguration(GLCanvas.java:
409)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:117)
at javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas.<init>(GLCanvas.java:86)
at com.jmex.awt.jogl.JOGLAWTCanvas.<init>(JOGLAWTCanvas.java:92)
at
com.jme.system.jogl.JOGLDisplaySystem.createGLCanvas(JOGLDisplaySystem.java:
366)
at
com.jmex.awt.jogl.JOGLAWTCanvasConstructor.makeCanvas(JOGLAWTCanvasConstructor.java:
50)
at
com.jmex.awt.jogl.JOGLAWTCanvasConstructor.makeCanvas(JOGLAWTCanvasConstructor.java:
46)
at
com.jme.system.jogl.JOGLDisplaySystem.createCanvas(JOGLDisplaySystem.java:
331)
at org.jdesktop.mtgame.Renderer.createCanvas(Renderer.java:585)
at org.jdesktop.mtgame.Renderer.addRenderBuffer(Renderer.java:607)
at
org.jdesktop.mtgame.RenderManager.addRenderBuffer(RenderManager.java:
173)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.ViewManager.attachViewCanvas(ViewManager.java:
175)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.createUI(JmeClientMain.java:
583)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.<init>(JmeClientMain.java:
209)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.main(JmeClientMain.java:
543)
at
39)
at
25)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:1812)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:1750)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1532)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:135)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
#### Java Web Start Error:
#### null

Bob Potter

Sep 11, 2010, 12:23:13 PM9/11/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Garrett

OSX is the one os I don't have experience with - the problem seem to be with the native libraries.

Now that we have details about the environment you are using, I sure one of the Mac users on the forum should be able to jump in and help.

Sorry that I can't help you any further

Good Luck

Bob

Garrett

Sep 11, 2010, 1:48:37 PM9/11/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
ok thanks for your suggestion of rebuilding the .wonderland folder
anyway.

Garrett

Jonathan Kaplan

Sep 12, 2010, 10:08:05 PM9/12/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you have a bad version of the JOGL native libraries installed here:

 /Library/Java/Extensions/libjogl.jnilib

Wonderland comes with a version that will work on your Mac, you just need to get rid of the version in /Library (which Java will use first). Try removing or renaming the file above.

Garrett

Sep 13, 2010, 6:32:11 AM9/13/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Jonathan

Tried this and I'm getting a different problem now which stops the
client from launching. It tells me I need Java 6 installed (it is)
and that I need to set it as the default in the Java Preferences
(again it is). I've just double checked Java via software update and
it doesn't come up so I'm on the latest version of 6.

Garrett

jagwire

Sep 13, 2010, 10:47:46 AM9/13/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Garrett,

Here's a couple more things to try:

* In Java Preferences, click on the network tab and then delete
files.
* Open a console and type "java -version" as well as "javac -version"
and post the output here.
* removing your OS X equivelant of the .java directory on linux will
reset any settings that webstart would be hicupping over. I think the
directory is: ~/Library/Caches/Java
Also, would it be possible to obtain the webstart log right before the
client crashes? Or does it not get that far?

best of luck,
jW

Jonathan Kaplan

Sep 13, 2010, 12:12:43 PM9/13/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
From the trace above, it does look like it is using Java 6. That said, there used to be a bug on Leopard where it would launch Java Web Start with the wrong version of Java even when you had the right version selected. I don't remember exactly, but I think it turned out to be browser related -- launching from Firefox was broken, but Safari worked correctly.  It's a long shot, but maybe worth trying from other browsers or from the command line:

javaws http://<servername>:8080/wonderland-web-front/app/Wonderland.jnlp

If you open the Java Preferences, you can also turn on logging and tracing, which will put copies of the client log in ~/Library/Caches/Java/log. This may include the Java version to double check.

Garrett

Sep 13, 2010, 1:38:00 PM9/13/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi

> * In Java Preferences, click on the network tab and then delete
> files.

> * removing your OS X equivelant of the .java directory on linux will
> reset any settings that webstart would be hicupping over. I think the
> directory is: ~/Library/Caches/Java

Tried both of these, no change.

> * Open a console and type "java -version" as well as "javac -version"
> and post the output here.

As follows:

java version "1.6.0_20"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02-279-9M3165)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.3-b01-279, mixed mode)

javac 1.6.0_20

> Also, would it be possible to obtain the webstart log right before the
> client crashes? Or does it not get that far?

This is what appears in the "details" section when it crashes out, I
presume this is the log:

at
39)
at
25)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:1812)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:1750)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1532)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:135)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl in
java.library.path
... 9 more

thanks
Garrett

Garrett

Sep 16, 2010, 2:36:50 PM9/16/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Jonathan

Sorry I missed this last reply as it wasn't last on the page. Tried
what you suggested and no change. The error is identical to the one
shown in my last post here. However I've just tried running
Wonderland on a completely new Intel Mac Mini with OS X 10.6.3 and
it's running without any problems. Obviously I've done something to
Java on this macbook (I was working on a Java project a few months
back) but I would have thought the recent update would have fixed
that.

Garrett