client doesn't start with java 8

pepelr

May 8, 2014, 2:48:34 PM5/8/14
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
HI!
Client doesn't start with new java 8. This exception is thrown :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sun.scenario.Settings.addPropertyChangeListener(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/beans/PropertyChangeListener;)V
at com.sun.scenario.animation.MasterTimer.<clinit>(MasterTimer.java:114)
at com.sun.scenario.animation.Animation.start(Animation.java:63)
at com.sun.scenario.animation.Clip.start(Clip.java:718)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.<init>(JmeClientMain.java:218)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.main(JmeClientMain.java:650)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Any idea?

Ric Moore

May 8, 2014, 10:56:52 PM5/8/14
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
What OS and how did you install Java 8? With Linux and either Debian or
Ubuntu, there is a ppa that you can use that provides a script that will
dnload Java straight from Oracle and then CONFIGURE your system to make
the changes to the locations of all the commands, like which javaws to
use, if both java7 and java8 are both installed. Maybe your system still
expects to find javaws in the old java 7 directories location?

I guess if you are running Windows or OSx you can open a terminal
window, type java --version
and see what you get
then type javaws --version, which is a command line error and it should
throw up a help screen. At least you'll know it's alive and kicking. OWL
should be able to use it then. Hopefully! Ric

https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png

Ric Moore

May 8, 2014, 10:57:57 PM5/8/14
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
On 05/08/2014 02:48 PM, pepelr wrote:
Oh yes, with your browser you might need to edit your preferences to use
the newer javaws if it's that part that is failing. Ric

pepelr

May 9, 2014, 5:20:34 AM5/9/14
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I have installed new Java 8 with Mac OS. Revision r1619 doesn't work with new Java 8. I have commented this revision in JmeClientMain.java and now it works but displays a white window as Java 7u55. See message in forum. There is a new problem with jogl and new Java versions . I hope the team developer resolves this.

jagwire

Nov 19, 2014, 10:10:04 AM11/19/14
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm I see the same behavior running JDK 1.8 on Mac OS X Mavericks. Has any work been done to resolve this in the last 6 months?

-jW

Carlos Rafael Ramirez

Nov 19, 2014, 11:58:50 AM11/19/14
to openwonderland
Hello,

I think it was fixed already, make a svn update

Regards,
Carlos