Connect from the internet doesnt work - network does

Erik Konrad

May 26, 2015, 2:03:20 AM5/26/15
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Heyho Community, i have a problem using OWL.

I setup the OWS server to connect over my DNS (goip.de) but nobody can join from outside the LAN. In the LAN it worked without any problems, but if someone try to connect from the internet, the client is downloading and starting, the modules are loading, the login is working (user profile is generated) the teleporting screen is showing and then nothing. All ports needed are open. I dont understand what the problem is. I hope you can help me.

Here is the Client log from a external client:

WARNING 22:03:18 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.Webstart webstartSetup
Running from Java Web Start. Performing setup.
WARNING 22:07:58 org.jdesktop.wonderland.common.utils.ScannedClassLoader createDB
Scanned classes in 260637 ms.
WARNING 22:08:04 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
In path groups element groups not found
SEVERE 22:08:04 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.placemarks.client.PlacemarkUtils getLoginCoverScreenInfo
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentResource cannot be cast to org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.contentrepo.common.ContentCollection
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.placemarks.client.PlacemarkUtils.getLoginCoverScreenInfo(PlacemarkUtils.java:302)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.placemarks.client.PlacemarkPlugin.initialize(PlacemarkPlugin.java:133)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager.initPlugins(ServerSessionManager.java:702)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager.access$400(ServerSessionManager.java:80)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager$LoginControl.loginComplete(ServerSessionManager.java:850)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager$WebServiceLoginControl.loginComplete(ServerSessionManager.java:957)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager$WebServiceLoginControl.authenticate(ServerSessionManager.java:947)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.login.ServerSessionManager$NoAuthLoginControl.authenticate(ServerSessionManager.java:980)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.login.NoAuthLoginPanel.doLogin(NoAuthLoginPanel.java:144)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.login.WonderlandLoginDialog$7.run(WonderlandLoginDialog.java:488)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
WARNING 22:08:07 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.ViewManager addViewManagerListener
||-- listener added --||org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.telepointer.client.cell.TelePointerPlugin@496c50
WARNING 22:08:07 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.placemarks.client.PlacemarkUtils getItemList
Unable to find placemarks.xml in /placemarks
WARNING 22:08:07 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.viewproperties.client.ViewPropertiesUtils loadViewProperties
Unable to find viewproperties.xml in
WARNING 22:08:07 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.ViewManager addViewManagerListener
||-- listener added --||org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.admintools.client.AdminToolsClientPlugin@7bc25a
WARNING 22:08:08 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
In path x-apps element x-apps not found
WARNING 22:08:08 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
In path Kevin element Kevin not found
WARNING 22:08:08 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.avatarbase.client.registry.AvatarConfigUtils loadConfigSettings
Unable to find avatar_settings.xml in /avatars
WARNING 22:08:08 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.avatarbase.client.imi.ImiAvatarConfigManager addServerAndSync
Adding server http://astolas.goip.de:8080/
WARNING 22:08:08 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.cell.CellCacheBasicImpl <init>
Create cell cache
WARNING 22:08:09 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
In path avatars element avatars not found
WARNING 22:08:09 org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
In path imi element imi not found
WARNING 22:08:09 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.ViewManager addViewManagerListener
||-- listener added --||org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.avatarbase.client.AvatarClientPlugin@13470be
WARNING 22:08:13 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain <init>
Error connecting to default server http://astolas.goip.de:8080/
java.io.IOException: Error connecting to http://astolas.goip.de:8080/
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.loadServer(JmeClientMain.java:417)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.<init>(JmeClientMain.java:289)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain.main(JmeClientMain.java:649)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.comms.LoginFailureException: Unable to connect to server
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.comms.WonderlandSessionImpl$LoginAttempt.setFailure(WonderlandSessionImpl.java:916)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.comms.WonderlandSessionImpl$LoginAttempt.setFailure(WonderlandSessionImpl.java:905)
 at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.comms.WonderlandSessionImpl$WonderlandClientListener.disconnected(WonderlandSessionImpl.java:755)
 at com.sun.sgs.client.simple.SimpleClient$SimpleClientConnectionListener.disconnected(SimpleClient.java:423)
 at com.sun.sgs.impl.client.simple.SimpleClientConnector$ConnectWatchdogThread.run(SimpleClientConnector.java:197)

Ric Moore

May 26, 2015, 4:21:41 AM5/26/15
On 05/26/2015 02:03 AM, Erik Konrad wrote:
> Heyho Community, i have a problem using OWL.
>
> I setup the OWS server to connect over my DNS (goip.de) but nobody can
> join from outside the LAN. In the LAN it worked without any problems,
> but if someone try to connect from the internet, the client is
> downloading and starting, the modules are loading, the login is working
> (user profile is generated) the teleporting screen is showing and then
> nothing. All ports needed are open. I dont understand what the problem
> is. I hope you can help me.
>
> Here is the Client log from a external client:

For whatever reason http://astolas.goip.de/ isn't registering on the net.

ric@iam:~$ whois astolas.goip.de
Domain: astolas.goip.de
ric@iam:~$

goiup.de registers. Ergo, your hostname there doesn't resolve properly.
Keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours for a change in their DNS to
resolve on the web before it is usable.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Erik Konrad

May 26, 2015, 5:01:05 PM5/26/15
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
goip.de is a german free dyndns service that is configured at my router.... OWS is running on my local machines.... at the moment you are testing it, i was not at home and the servers are not started.... thats the problem. to test it in realtime, we need a other communication platform :)

Erik Konrad

May 26, 2015, 5:05:23 PM5/26/15
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
but before you ask, i opened all needed ports at the router firewall. the 200 voice ports too... i found a bug in the software too... if you wanna config in the web admin console the external host for client settings, it writes the config file correctly but the client and the config page are not changing the url. you can fix this by using a own config file by using java -jar wonderland.jar your.own.config.file