Upload issue

TimCV

Jul 24, 2012, 2:11:49 AM7/24/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com

Vista x32
basic integrated intel graphics card
home DSL network connection
end user //some java and system admin skills with plans to develop both

I'm having a problem uploading .kmz files into Wonderland. I am able to upload them using the insert > model function however drag and drop does not work. Also, the models have no color and no texture and I cannot upload .kmz files over 10kb which is obviously restrictive. I want to be able to upload a model I built that is ~70mb but this seems far out of reach at the moment.
I understand my computer is not optimal for operating Wonderland but I will be using a much better machine and have access to the server on which my copy of Wonderland is installed in 2 weeks. If you think the issue is rooted in my computer I will understand but if there is something that can be patched between now and 2 weeks I would greatly appreciate it. Below is the java console error log

WARNING: Drop: 1 items
Jul 22, 2012 11:39:11 PM org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.dnd.DragAndDropManager$GlobalDropListener drop
WARNING: In global listener: 1
Jul 22, 2012 11:39:15 PM org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
WARNING: In path art/EXE HQ 1.0.kmz element EXE HQ 1.0.kmz not found
KMZ modelURL file:/C:/Users/Mr.%20CV/Documents/Work/EXE/Sketchup%20models/EXE%20HQ%201.0.kmz
Jul 22, 2012 11:39:24 PM org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
WARNING: In path EXE HQ 1.0.kmz element EXE HQ 1.0.kmz not found
Jul 22, 2012 11:39:31 PM org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentCollection getChild
WARNING: In path EXE HQ 1.0.kmz.dep element EXE HQ 1.0.kmz.dep not found
Jul 22, 2012 11:40:03 PM org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.content.AbstractContentImporter importFile
WARNING: Failed to upload content file C:\Users\Mr. CV\Documents\Work\EXE\Sketchup models\EXE HQ 1.0.kmz
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ProtocolException: Unbuffered entity enclosing request can not be repeated.
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:483)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:1973)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:993)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:397)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:170)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:396)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:324)
at org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.putMethod(WebdavResource.java:2807)
at org.apache.webdav.lib.WebdavResource.putMethod(WebdavResource.java:2780)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.common.WebdavContentResource.put(WebdavContentResource.java:81)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.jmecolladaloader.client.ModelDndContentImporter.copyFiles(ModelDndContentImporter.java:206)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.jmecolladaloader.client.ModelDndContentImporter.copyFiles(ModelDndContentImporter.java:190)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.jmecolladaloader.client.ModelDndContentImporter.copyFiles(ModelDndContentImporter.java:190)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.jmecolladaloader.client.ModelDndContentImporter.uploadContent(ModelDndContentImporter.java:152)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.content.AbstractContentImporter.importFile(AbstractContentImporter.java:147)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.dnd.FileListDataFlavorHandler$1.run(FileListDataFlavorHandler.java:165)

Thank you,

Tim Seavey

Ric Moore

Jul 24, 2012, 2:54:23 AM7/24/12
On 07/24/2012 02:11 AM, TimCV wrote:

> Vista x32
> basic integrated intel graphics card
> home DSL network connection
> end user //some java and system admin skills with plans to develop both
>
> I'm having a problem uploading .kmz files into Wonderland. I am able to
> upload them using the insert > model function however drag and drop does
> not work. Also, the models have no color and no texture and I cannot
> upload .kmz files over 10kb which is obviously restrictive.

You mean Megabytes not Kilobytes?

> I want to be
> able to upload a model I built that is ~70mb but this seems far out of
> reach at the moment.

Think about it, anyone who connects to your server will have a 70mb+
download on their hands before they can get it. You might consider
breaking it up into smaller sections and make portals to connect between
them. Check out the owl1 server as an example.

> I understand my computer is not optimal for operating Wonderland but I
> will be using a much better machine and have access to the server on
> which my copy of Wonderland is installed in 2 weeks. If you think the
> issue is rooted in my computer I will understand but if there is
> something that can be patched between now and 2 weeks I would greatly
> appreciate it. Below is the java console error log

> WARNING: Failed to upload content file

C:\Users\
Mr. CV\ <---
Documents\Work\EXE\Sketchup models\
EXE HQ 1.0.kmz <---

Spaces in file-names/directory-names?? Try some directory that doesn't
have them and rename the file without the spaces, see what happens for
the heck of it. Windows allows it, UNIX/Linux/Java/OsX and the Internet
doesn't, not easily. So, problems crop up from time to time when it's
done. So, if it has to do with networking/servers, try to not use spaces
in naming things, as a general rule of Good Housekeeping(tm)
:) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

TimCV

Jul 24, 2012, 6:43:33 AM7/24/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I meant Kilobytes actually, it seemed that all tiny uploads worked with drag and drop just fine but the larger ones did not.

You make a good point that I did not consider regarding the size of the model. I am able to compress it down to ~10mb which is still a bit annoying but I will look into the portal method.

As to the directory names, unfortunately I cannot change them all. I changed the name and it doesn't seem to make a difference. The Java error log says its a java load heap error so I'm assuming its simply too large for the world to ingest.

Thank you so much for your help
-Tim

TimCV

Jul 24, 2012, 6:50:37 AM7/24/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I meant Kilobytes actually, it seemed that all tiny uploads worked with drag and drop just fine but the larger ones did not.

You make a good point that I did not consider regarding the size of the model. I am able to compress it down to ~10mb which is still a bit annoying but I will look into the portal method.

As to the directory names, unfortunately I cannot change them all. I changed the name and it doesn't seem to make a difference. The Java error log says its an OutOfMemoryError so its simply too large for the world to ingest. I'll have to find a way to shrink it.