Re: Server won't start

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 4:45:52 AM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, welcome to the community!

Any chance you can copy and paste the errors here? otherwise we won't
know what is going on.

cheers,
José

On 29 February 2012 08:56, Chris Tytler <bctyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to the open wonderland scene, and tried setting up a server via
> command line using:
>
> C:\users\Chris Tytler\Downloads>"\Program Files
> (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\bin\java" -jar Wonderland.jar
>
> I got a series of errors, which I expected, but I did not receive a reply
> stating my server had started.

Chris Tytler

Feb 29, 2012, 3:38:20 PM2/29/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Sorry about the double post. Plus, I knew I should post details but I
couldn't copy them. I figured out how though. Here's the full Command:
(Sorry its cut off, my command prompt did that)

them copied Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Chris Tytler>cd downloads

C:\Users\Chris Tytler\Downloads>"\program Files (x86)\Java
\jdk1.6.0_21\bin\java"
-jar Wonderland.jar
Feb 29, 2012 12:30:49 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.launcher.WebServerLauncher main
WARNING: Launching Open Wonderland version 0.5 rev. 4798 (1-
February-2012)
Feb 29, 2012 12:30:49 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.launcher.WebServerLauncher
compareVersions
WARNING: Comparing versions. Jar file: 1330500509034 Directory:
1330500509034
Feb 29, 2012 12:30:57 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.common.utils.ScannedClassLoader
createDB
WARNING: Scanned classes in 8610 ms.
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:02 PM com.sun.enterprise.security.ssl.SSLUtils
checkCertificateDates
SEVERE: java_security.expired_certificate
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:05 PM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.container.config.AnnotatedClassScanner
WARNING: File, C:\Users\Chris Tytler\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\deploy
\wonderland-web-asset.war\WEB-INF\lib, is ignored, it not a directory,
a jar file or a zip
file
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:07 PM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.container.config.AnnotatedClassScanner
WARNING: File, C:\Users\Chris Tytler\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\deploy
\wonderlan
d-web-checksums.war\WEB-INF\lib, is ignored, it not a directory, a jar
file or a
zip file
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:20 PM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.container.config.AnnotatedClassScanner
WARNING: File, C:\Users\Chris Tytler\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\deploy
\wonderlan
d-web-help.war\WEB-INF\lib, is ignored, it not a directory, a jar file
or a zip
file
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:21 PM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.container.config.AnnotatedClassScanner
WARNING: File, C:\Users\Chris Tytler\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\deploy
\wonderlan
d-web-modules.war\WEB-INF\lib, is ignored, it not a directory, a jar
file or a zip file
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:22 PM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.container.config.AnnotatedClassScanner
WARNING: File, C:\Users\Chris Tytler\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\deploy
\wonderland-web-runner.war\WEB-INF\lib, is ignored, it not a
directory, a jar file or a zip file
classLoader = WebappClassLoader (delegate=true; repositories=WEB-INF/
classes/)
SharedSecrets.getJavaNetAccess()=java.net.URLClassLoader$7@8d8f67
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:23 PM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.container.config.AnnotatedClassScanner
WARNING: File, C:\Users\Chris Tytler\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\deploy
\wonderlan
d-web-wfs.war\WEB-INF\lib, is ignored, it not a directory, a jar file
or a zip file
Feb 29, 2012 12:31:27 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.launcher.WebServerLauncher main
SEVERE: Error loading web server
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:305)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.service.InstallManager.add(InstallManager.java:
123)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.service.ModuleManager.installAll(ModuleManager.java:
420)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.service.ModuleManager.redeployAll(ModuleManager.java:
170)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.RunAppServer.<init>(RunAppServer.java:
127)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:
513)
at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.launcher.WebServerLauncher.main(Web
ServerLauncher.java:224)
Error java.lang.NullPointerException starting web server
[...]

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 3:46:11 PM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, it looks like something is messed up in your install. Can
you try deleting the ".wonderland-server" folder from your local user
folder and trying to startup the server again?
Let us know if that solves it.

cheers,
José

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 3:49:58 PM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Chris, also make sure that you don't have other wonderland Java
processes running. If you have tried to start it up several times
there might be processes hanging around.

cheers,
José

Chris Tytler

Feb 29, 2012, 4:15:06 PM2/29/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
I restarted, ended all java related processes and got the same report.

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 4:17:22 PM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
did you delete the folder?

Chris Tytler

Feb 29, 2012, 4:32:00 PM2/29/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
OH! I did not see that! Did now.

On Feb 29, 1:17 pm, Jos Flores <josmasflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> did you delete the folder?

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 4:38:28 PM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
and?

Chris Tytler

Feb 29, 2012, 4:43:16 PM2/29/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
IT WORKED! Thank you very much!

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 4:44:25 PM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
:D great stuff! have fun now!

oscar xiao

Mar 7, 2016, 6:55:52 AM3/7/16
to Open Wonderland Forum
       Hi,I am Oscar. I wonder if you could tell me what is going on.Before that error appears, I am trying to install CMU Module on openwonderland. Because I wanna use Alice. And by the way, could you tell me what is a  Content Browser. Do I need to download it? Is it a module. Here is my instructions link. https://blogs.openwonderland.org/tag/alice/
       SEVERE: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
       org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:                         org/jdesktop/wonderland/modules/contentrepo/common/ContentRepositoryException
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5159) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5159)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:499)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:928)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:912)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:694)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadWebModule(WebContainer.java:1933)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadWebModule(WebContainer.java:1605)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebApplication.start(WebApplication.java:90)
at org.glassfish.internal.data.EngineRef.start(EngineRef.java:126)
at org.glassfish.internal.data.ModuleInfo.start(ModuleInfo.java:241)
at org.glassfish.internal.data.ApplicationInfo.start(ApplicationInfo.java:236)
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:339)
at org.glassfish.kernel.embedded.EmbeddedDeployerImpl.deploy(EmbeddedDeployerImpl.java:214)
at org.glassfish.kernel.embedded.EmbeddedDeployerImpl.deploy(EmbeddedDeployerImpl.java:144)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.WonderlandAppServer.deploy(WonderlandAppServer.java:95)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.WebDeployer.doDeploy(WebDeployer.java:222)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.WebDeployer.deployFile(WebDeployer.java:184)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.WebDeployer.deploy(WebDeployer.java:118)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.service.DeployManager.deploy(DeployManager.java:127)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.service.ModuleManager.redeployAll(ModuleManager.java:187)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.RunAppServer.<init>(RunAppServer.java:127)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at org.jdesktop.wonderland.webserver.launcher.WebServerLauncher.main(WebServerLauncher.java:224)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/wonderland/modules/contentrepo/common/ContentRepositoryException
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addListener(StandardContext.java:2659)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addApplicationListener(StandardContext.java:1900)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.TomcatDeploymentConfig.configureApplicationListener(TomcatDeploymentConfig.java:277)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.TomcatDeploymentConfig.configureWebModule(TomcatDeploymentConfig.java:136)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModuleContextConfig.start(WebModuleContextConfig.java:277)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModuleContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(WebModuleContextConfig.java:176)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5151)
... 26 more
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/wonderland/modules/contentrepo/common/ContentRepositoryException
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.createListener(StandardContext.java:2769)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadListener(StandardContext.java:4646)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.loadListener(WebModule.java:1583)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addListener(StandardContext.java:2656)
... 33 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/wonderland/modules/contentrepo/common/ContentRepositoryException
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2671)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1825)
at com.sun.enterprise.container.common.impl.util.InjectionManagerImpl.createManagedObject(InjectionManagerImpl.java:301)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.createListenerInstance(WebContainer.java:730)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.createListenerInstance(WebModule.java:1958)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.createListener(StandardContext.java:2767)
... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.contentrepo.common.ContentRepositoryException
at org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:949)
at org.glassfish.web.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1420)
... 44 more

Carlos Rafael Ramirez

Mar 7, 2016, 9:05:06 AM3/7/16
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hello Oscar,

Start openwonderland server with Java 7 not Java 8. Just the client is compatible with Java 8 not the server.

Content Browser is an option in the Tools menu in the client

Regards

oscar xiao

Mar 14, 2016, 1:55:25 AM3/14/16
to Open Wonderland Forum
   Thank you so much Carlos Rafael Ramirez. That is really helpful. And I am so sorry I take so long to answer this message.
   I have solved that.But when I was trying "CMU-module with Auth"(Roland Sassen's topic in our forum) ,the cmu component was not running. And it will be running when you uninstall the auth-module.But I still cannot drop a Alice file(.a3p file) into the web client while the client is running and the cmu component is running. So I know the CMU-module does not work. Do you know the solution? Or maybe you probably could find someone who can update this module for us.Because I have no idea what I should do now. And this module is really important to me. I really wish I could do something.

Thinsia - Roland Sassen

Mar 14, 2016, 10:37:40 AM3/14/16
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hello Oscar, when you have a sponsor my colleagues can update the CMU module,
best, Roland