SAS -> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

wezzax

Apr 1, 2010, 1:16:40 AM4/1/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Anyway to prevent this?

[java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSocket.arrayCopyOf(ClientSocket.java:
46)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSocket.access
$000(ClientSocket.java:37)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSocket
$Message.(ClientSocket.java:63)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSocket.send(ClientSocket.java:
344)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.MasterSocketSet.send(MasterSocketSet.java:
226)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.SlaveForwarder.broadcastSend(SlaveForwarder.java:
103)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ServerProxyMaster.readRleChunk(ServerProxyMaster.java:
774)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.displayRectRle24(ClientXrw.java:
868)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processDisplayPixels(ClientXrw.java:
752)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processMessage(ClientXrw.java:
553)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrwMaster.processMessage(ClientXrwMaster.java:
183)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.run(ClientXrw.java:
297)
[java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.MasterSocketSet
close
[java] SEVERE: MasterSocketSet closed
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.SlaveForwarder
disconnect
[java] SEVERE: SlaveForwarder disconnected
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ServerProxyMaster
disconnect
[java] SEVERE: ServerProxyMaster disconnected
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.SlaveForwarder
disconnect
[java] SEVERE: SlaveForwarder disconnected
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ServerProxyMaster
disconnect
[java] SEVERE: ServerProxyMaster disconnected
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.SlaveForwarder
disconnect
[java] SEVERE: SlaveForwarder disconnected
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.SlaveForwarder cleanup
[java] SEVERE: SlaveForwarder cleaned up
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ServerProxyMaster
cleanup
[java] SEVERE: ServerProxyMaster cleaned up
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw cleanup
[java] SEVERE: ClientXrw cleaned up
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrwMaster cleanup
[java] SEVERE: ClientXrwMaster cleaned up
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.AppXrwMaster
clientExitted
[java] SEVERE: Master client exitted
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process VLC 1
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process object for process VLC 1
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:28 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.sasxremwin.provider.SasXrwProviderMain
appExitted
[java] WARNING: App Exitted: VLC
[java] SAS provider aborted.
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:28 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process Firefox 1
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:28 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process object for process Firefox 1
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.AppXrwMaster
shutdownAllApps
[java] WARNING: Shutting down X11 app base master apps...
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194305
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194340
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: ShowWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194348
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194348
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194355
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194358
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194520
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4194401
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw
processMessage
[java] WARNING: DestroyWindow: window doesn't exist: wid = 4195170
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.sasxremwin.provider.SasXrwProviderMain
appExitted
[java] WARNING: App Exitted: Firefox
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process Firefox 2
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process object for process Firefox 2
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.sasxremwin.provider.SasXrwProviderMain
appExitted
[java] WARNING: App Exitted: Firefox
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process Firefox 3
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process object for process Firefox 3
[java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:29 PM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.sasxremwin.provider.SasXrwProviderMain
appExitted
[java] WARNING: App Exitted: Firefox
[java] DinReader: saw EOF exception
[java] DinReader: saw EOF exception
[java] DinReader: saw EOF exception
[java] DinReader: saw EOF exception
[java] Java Result: 1

wezzax

Apr 14, 2010, 11:02:57 PM4/14/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Another other one:

[java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

[java] at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.(DataBufferInt.java:41)
[java] at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Raster.java:458)
[java] at
java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(DirectColorModel.java:
1015)
[java] at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.(BufferedImage.java:321)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.WindowConventional.displayPixels(WindowConventional.java:
157)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.displayRectRle24(ClientXrw.java:
923)

[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processDisplayPixels(ClientXrw.java:
752)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processMessage(ClientXrw.java:
553)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrwMaster.processMessage(ClientXrwMaster.java:
183)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.run(ClientXrw.java:
297)
[java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

[java] Apr 15, 2010 1:05:07 AM

[...]

[java] WARNING: Shutting down process SSH 2
[java] Apr 15, 2010 1:05:07 AM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.MonitoredProcess
cleanup
[java] WARNING: Shutting down process object for process SSH 2
[java] Apr 15, 2010 1:05:07 AM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.sasxremwin.provider.SasXrwProviderMain
appExitted
[java] WARNING: App Exitted: SSH
[java] SAS provider aborted.
[java] Apr 15, 2010 1:05:07 AM

On Apr 1, 1:16 pm, wezzax <wez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway to prevent this?
>
> [java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Javaheapspace
> [java] at

> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSoc­ket.arrayCopyOf(ClientSocket.java:
> 46)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSoc­ket.access
> $000(ClientSocket.java:37)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSoc­ket
> $Message.(ClientSocket.java:63)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.ClientSoc­ket.send(ClientSocket.java:
> 344)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.MasterSoc­ketSet.send(MasterSocketSet.java:
> 226)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.SlaveForwarder.broadcastSend­(SlaveForwarder.java:
> 103)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ServerProxyMaster.readRleChu­nk(ServerProxyMaster.java:
> 774)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.displayRectRle24(C­lientXrw.java:
> 868)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processDisplayPixe­ls(ClientXrw.java:
> 752)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processMessage(Cli­entXrw.java:
> 553)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrwMaster.processMessa­ge(ClientXrwMaster.java:

> 183)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.run(ClientXrw.java­:
> 297)
> [java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> [java] Apr 1, 2010 1:13:25 PM

> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.utils.clientsocket.MasterSoc­ketSet

wezzax

Apr 15, 2010, 4:58:18 AM4/15/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Can I increase the mem-usage for SAS?

On Apr 15, 11:02 am, wezzax <wez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another other one:
>
> [java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> [java] at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.(DataBufferInt.java:41)
> [java] at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Raster.java:458)
> [java] at

> java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(DirectColorM­odel.java:

> 1015)
> [java] at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.(BufferedImage.java:321)
> [java] at

> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.appbase.client.WindowConventional.displayPi­xels(WindowConventional.java:
> 157)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.displayRectRle24(C­lientXrw.java:
> 923)

> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processDisplayPixe­ls(ClientXrw.java:
> 752)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.processMessage(Cli­entXrw.java:
> 553)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrwMaster.processMessa­ge(ClientXrwMaster.java:
> 183)
> [java] at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.xremwin.client.ClientXrw.run(ClientXrw.java­:
> 297)
> [java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

> [java] Apr 15, 2010 1:05:07 AM

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Jonathan Kaplan

Apr 18, 2010, 11:18:11 PM4/18/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
You can increase the SAS heap size. In ~/.wonderland-server/0.5-dev/run/shared_application_server/run/run.xml, in the "run" target, add a line like:

<jvmarg value="-Xmx512m"/>

This will increase the java heap used by the SAS. I'd be interested to know if this fixes the problems with playing movies -- if it does not, it indicates a real memory leak in the SAS code.

wezzax

Apr 20, 2010, 3:56:55 AM4/20/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
Jon, been waiting for your answer :p

What's the original heap size for SAS, Darkstar & VoiceBridge?

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Jonathan Kaplan

Apr 20, 2010, 5:23:12 PM4/20/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I believe for SAS and Darkstar it uses the VM default memory configuration:

The voice bridge requires significant GC tuning to guarantee it can send packets out at a consistent rate. Heap size for the voice bridge is limited to 300MB.

wezzax

Apr 23, 2010, 6:36:46 AM4/23/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
I have not yet try the JVM 512M option for SAS, however I have
increased the amount of ram from 4GB to 6GB.

From observations, it seems 4GB of ram is not enough for hosting
Wonderland, cause mem usage of the whole ubuntu server is constantly
over 90% + no free swap!

Anyway, VLC seems to be able to stay on, apart from some pixelations
and really slow streaming.

What else should I test?