Disappearing Placemarks After Snapshot

jimsc...@gmail.com

Feb 29, 2012, 11:56:52 AM2/29/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
I've been working on creating a world based on the initial Combined
World. After ceating content, I took a snapshot and made it current.
The Combined World includes the following placemarks:

Starting Location
Almost Empty
Auditorium
Gallery
Japanese Pavilion
Meeting Complex
Meeting Complex Brainstorming Pad
Town

However my snapshot only includes:

Starting Location
Almost Empty
Japanese Pavilion
Town.

I'd like to keep the original placemarks. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Jim

Jos Flores

Feb 29, 2012, 2:44:58 PM2/29/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jim, are the locations still available?

if so, by any chance you deleted some of the objects in those
locations? Placemarks 'live' in objects, so say that you have a radio
at the entry of your world with a placemark on it, you delete the
radio, the placemark is gone... any chance that is what happened? if
not, could you have a quick peek at your logs and see if there's
anything wrong there?

cheers,
José

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2012, 11:13:52 AM3/1/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hey Jos

I don't know if the locations are still available, because i don't
know which coordinates were used. There doesn't seem to be anything
untoward in the logs.

As an experiment, I set the initial world to Combined and created a
snapshot without changing or adding anything. The same placemarks
problem occurred when I set the snapshot to current.

Jim

On Feb 29, 7:44 pm, Jos Flores <josmasflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Jim, are the locations still available?
>
> if so, by any chance you deleted some of the objects in those
> locations? Placemarks 'live' in objects, so say that you have a radio
> at the entry of your world with a placemark on it, you delete the
> radio, the placemark is gone... any chance that is what happened? if
> not, could you have a quick peek at your logs and see if there's
> anything wrong there?
>
> cheers,
> José

Jos Flores

Mar 1, 2012, 12:14:24 PM3/1/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
That's very weird... Jim, would you mind opening a bug report so we
can track it down?
The tracker is at: http://code.google.com/p/openwonderland/issues/list

cheers,
José

Nicole Yankelovich

Mar 1, 2012, 12:21:07 PM3/1/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

This is a strange problem! I create new snapshots derived from the
Combined world almost every day and I've never seen a problem like this.

What version of the server are you using? What exact steps are you
taking to make the snapshot? This process will change with today's new
build, but with a slightly older build, the steps I take are:

- Make a change to the world
- Log out of the client
- Navigate to Manage Worlds page in Server Admin UI
- Create snapshot
- Edit name
- Click "restore"
- Log back in

I just tested it. The only change I made to the world was adding an
image near the starting location. I saved the snapshot and all the
placemarks are still there.

Here are the absolute X,Y,Z locations of the placemarks in the Combined
world:

Almost Empty: 0,0,0
Auditorium: -1000,0,1000
Gallery: 3000,0,1000
Japanese Pavilion: 1000,0,1000
Meeting Complex: -1000, 0,0
Meeting Complex Brainstorming: -1000,0,-54
Town: 1000,0,0

Using the "Add Placemark..." item in the Placemarks menu, you can
manually type in these values. A personally placemark will get added to
the menu so you can navigate there and check to see if the content is
still there.

Let us know how you make out.

Nicole.

On 3/1/12 11:13 AM, jimsc...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey Jos
>
> I don't know if the locations are still available, because i don't
> know which coordinates were used. There doesn't seem to be anything
> untoward in the logs.
>
> As an experiment, I set the initial world to Combined and created a
> snapshot without changing or adding anything. The same placemarks
> problem occurred when I set the snapshot to current.
>
> Jim
>
> On Feb 29, 7:44 pm, Jos Flores<josmasflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey Jim, are the locations still available?
>>
>> if so, by any chance you deleted some of the objects in those
>> locations? Placemarks 'live' in objects, so say that you have a radio
>> at the entry of your world with a placemark on it, you delete the
>> radio, the placemark is gone... any chance that is what happened? if
>> not, could you have a quick peek at your logs and see if there's
>> anything wrong there?
>>
>> cheers,

>> Jos�

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2012, 11:22:15 AM3/7/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Jose

Sorry for the delay. Bug report now submitted.

Thanks

Jim

On Mar 1, 5:14 pm, Jos Flores <josmasflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's very weird... Jim, would you mind opening a bug report so we
> can track it down?
> The tracker is at:http://code.google.com/p/openwonderland/issues/list
>
> cheers,
> José

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2012, 11:35:13 AM3/7/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Nicole

The process I use is very similar:
- Make a change to the world (in this case, add a poster)
- Log out of the client
- Navigate to Manage Worlds page in Server Admin UI
- Create snapshot
- Edit name of snapshot
- Click "Make Current" against snapshot
- Log back in.

I've tried adding placemarks using the coordinates you provided. The
content for that location appears, so this may be a workaround.

Thanks

Jim

Jonathan Kaplan

Mar 7, 2012, 11:43:23 AM3/7/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Just to be completely certain, you should do the following before you log back in:

1. on the Manage Servers page, click "Stop All"
2. on the Manage Worlds page, click "Make Current" (or "Restore") with the new snapshot
3. on the Manage Servers page, click "Start all"

If you are using a recent build of Wonderland, the "Restore" button on the Manage Servers page should do all of this for you once the snapshot is current.

If there is still a problem, look in the ~/.wonderland-server/0.5-dev/log directory for a file called "darkstar_server_snapshot.log" and post it here. There may be multiple versions of the log, so make sure you grab the most recent one.

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2012, 6:55:20 AM3/8/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Jonathan

I have done as you suggested, but it made no difference. I've shown
the latest darkstar_server_snapshot.log below.

Many thanks.

Jim

Executing: [C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\jre\bin\java, -cp,
C:\Users\55555269\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\darkstar_server\run\lib
\ant\ant-launcher.jar, -Dant.home=C:\Users\55555269\.wonderland-server
\0.5\run\darkstar_server\run\lib\ant,
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher, -Dsgs.password.file=C:/OWL/
wonderland.password, -Drunner.location=localhost, -
Dorg.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExportService.export.on.startup=2012-03-08-11-24-51.55,
-Dsgs.port=1139, -
Dsgs.managers=:com.sun.mpk20.voicelib.impl.app.VoiceManagerImpl:org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.security.server.service.SecurityManagerImpl:org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.security.server.service.CellResourceManagerImpl,
-Dwonderland.web.server.url=http://146.191.60.210:8080/, -
Drunner.name=Darkstar Server, -Dsgs.wfs.root=worlds/combined-wfs, -
Dsgs.services=:com.sun.mpk20.voicelib.impl.service.voice.VoiceServiceImpl:org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.security.server.service.SecurityService:org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.security.server.service.CellResourceService,
-f, C:\Users\55555269\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\darkstar_server\run
\run.xml]
Buildfile: C:\Users\55555269\.wonderland-server\0.5\run\darkstar_server
\run\run.xml

-run-setup:

-run-coldstart:

-run-server:

-core-server-setup-bdb-platform:

-core-server-setup-assertions:

-core-server-setup-no-assertions:

-core-server-setup-debug:

-core-server-setup-classpath:

-core-setup-server:
[copy] Copying 1 file to C:\Users\55555269\.wonderland-server
\0.5\run\darkstar_server\run\core\data\sgs

core-run-server:
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:52
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.auth.WebServiceAuthenticator <init>
[java] INFO: Loading WebServie authenticator
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:52 com.sun.sgs.impl.kernel.Kernel <init>
[java] INFO: The Kernel is ready, version: 0.9.10
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.watchdog.WatchdogServerImpl registerNode
[java] INFO:
node:com.sun.sgs.impl.service.watchdog.NodeImpl[257,alive,backup:
(none)]@csvOWL01 registered
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.watchdog.WatchdogServiceImpl
notifyRecoveryListeners
[java] INFO: Node:257 recovering for node:1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.channel.ChannelServiceImpl
$ChannelServiceNodeListener nodeFailed
[java] INFO: Node:257 handling nodeFailed:1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.watchdog.WatchdogServiceImpl
notifyRecoveryListeners
[java] INFO: Node:257 recovering for node:1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.session.ClientSessionServiceImpl
$ClientSessionServiceRecoveryListener recover
[java] INFO: Node:257 recovering for node:1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
5121 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
5122 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.channel.ChannelServiceImpl
$ChannelServiceRecoveryListener recover
[java] INFO: Node:257 recovering for node:1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
4135 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:54
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.channel.ChannelServiceImpl
$ChannelServiceNodeListener nodeFailed
[java] INFO: Node:257 handling nodeFailed:1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:55
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
5123 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:55
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
5124 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:55
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl$3 run
[java] INFO: Cleaned up handoff set for failed node: 1
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:56
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
4136 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:56
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
4137 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:56
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
4136 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:56
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl handoffTask
[java] INFO: Mapping for identity app:Wonderland was to node 1
which has failed so task
com.sun.sgs.impl.service.task.TaskServiceImpl.Pending.app:Wonderland.
4137 will run locally
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 1 dsID 413
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 2 dsID 424
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 17 dsID 577
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService
$ChangeApplication run
[java] WARNING: [UniverseService] Unexpected error in change
thread
[java] java.lang.NullPointerException
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.SpatialCellImpl.setRoot(SpatialCellImpl.java:
441)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.SpatialCellImpl.setParent(SpatialCellImpl.java:
454)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.SpatialCellImpl.addChild(SpatialCellImpl.java:
176)
[java] at org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService
$7.run(UniverseService.java:341)
[java] at org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService
$ChangeApplication.run(UniverseService.java:933)
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 18 dsID 587
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 19 dsID 594
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 20 dsID 638
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 40 dsID 1258
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 21 dsID 649
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 22 dsID 656
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 23 dsID 734
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 24 dsID 741
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 25 dsID 748
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 3 dsID 432
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 4 dsID 443
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 26 dsID 756
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 27 dsID 764
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 5 dsID 455
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 28 dsID 772
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 6 dsID 467
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 29 dsID 780
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 30 dsID 791
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 31 dsID 799
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 7 dsID 475
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 9 dsID 493
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 8 dsID 484
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 32 dsID 807
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 33 dsID 920
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 34 dsID 998
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 35 dsID 1111
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 36 dsID 1119
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 37 dsID 1232
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 11 dsID 511
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 10 dsID 502
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 13 dsID 528
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 38 dsID 1243
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 12 dsID 519
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 15 dsID 554
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 42 dsID 1502
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 14 dsID 546
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService doReady
[java] INFO: Added 17 cells. 0 errors.
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.impl.UniverseImpl
createSpatialCell
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 39 dsID 1250
[...]
[java] FINE: createSpatialCell 16 dsID 568
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService$ReloadListeners
$1 run
[java] INFO: Restoring listener
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.audiomanager.server.AudioParticipantComponentMO
$MyTransformChangeListener@7d3930 type TRANSFORM
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService$ReloadListeners
$1 run
[java] INFO: Restoring listener
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@59dd83b9
type BOTH
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService$ReloadListeners
$1 run
[java] INFO: Restoring listener
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@59dd83b8
type BOTH
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExportService doReady
[java] INFO: CellExportService starting export
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService$ReloadListeners
$1 run
[java] INFO: Restoring listener
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.placemarks.server.PlacemarkComponentMO
$MoveListener@b7abd254 type TRANSFORM
$MoveListener@b7abd271 type TRANSFORM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@e8a2c07c
$MoveListener@bb9a31a5 type TRANSFORM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@56d66c5d
$MoveListener@bb9a31a6 type TRANSFORM
$MyTransformChangeListener@a082dc type TRANSFORM
$MoveListener@b7abd233 type TRANSFORM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@e8a2c07b
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@e5390b3d
$MoveListener@b7abd22f type TRANSFORM
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.cell.ServerProximityListenerRecord@e5390b3e
type BOTH
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.spatial.UniverseService$ReloadListeners
$1 run
[java] INFO: Restoring listener
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.placemarks.server.PlacemarkComponentMO
$MoveListener@b7abd24b type TRANSFORM
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:57 com.sun.sgs.impl.kernel.Kernel
startApplication
[java] INFO: Wonderland: application is ready
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:58
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /environment-0 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.common.utils.ScannedClassLoader createDB
[java] WARNING: Scanned classes in 1359 ms.
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /Chair_Wood_Rustic.kmz-1
to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /meeting complex-2 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /
Chair_Wood_Rustic2.kmz-3 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /japanese pavilion-4 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /almost-empty-5 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /gallery-6 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /entrance-skyline-7 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /OWLWebSiteLink.png-9 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /Auditorium-8 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /
OWLDefaultWorldPoster.v2-sm.png-11 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:24:59
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /entrance-10 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /town-13 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /
Bench_Small_Wood_Rustic.kmz-12 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /Radio.kmz-15 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /Poster-42 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /Arch-rustic.kmz-14 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell /
Table_Wood_Rustic.kmz-16 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
LandingMeetingRoom-17 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
OrientationBricks.png-18 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
TransparentSquare3x3m.kmz-19 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
BrainstormPad.kmz-20 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/14-21
to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
PDFViewer-22 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
LandingField-23 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
LandingSoundproofPavilion-24 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell meeting complex-2/
PortalToField-Wood.kmz-25 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell japanese pavilion-4/
JapanHex-90m.kmz-26 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell japanese pavilion-4/
JapanesePavilion7.kmz-27 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell almost-empty-5/almost-
empty-skyline-28 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell gallery-6/
AuditoriumTiles2x5m-rotated.kmz-29 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell gallery-6/
MountainLakeTerrainGrassStoneFlat.kmz-30 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell gallery-6/
owl_3d_demoworld_013_mainbldg.dae.gz-31 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Auditorium-8/mic-right-
audience-32 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Auditorium-8/
PDFViewer-33 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Auditorium-8/mic-left-
audience-34 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Auditorium-8/
owl_3d_demoworld_014_auditorium.dae.gz-35 to
http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Auditorium-8/mic-
speaker-36 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Auditorium-8/
AuditoriumTiles2x5m-rotated.kmz-37 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell town-13/
DefaultTown5.kmz-38 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils
createCell
[java] INFO: [WFS Exporter] Writing cell Arch-rustic.kmz-14/
Japanese-Pavilion-portal3.png-39 to http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporter exportResult
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 17: Error writing 17
[java] java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
500 for URL: http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
[java] at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:
1436)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporterUtils.createCell(CellExporterUtils.java:
179)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExportService
$ExportCells.run(CellExportService.java:416)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.Executors
$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask
$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:
138)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
[java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
[java] 08-Mar-2012 11:25:00
org.jdesktop.wonderland.server.wfs.exporter.CellExporter exportResult
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 18: Error writing 18
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 19: Error writing 19
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 20: Error writing 20
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 21: Error writing 21
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 22: Error writing 22
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 23: Error writing 23
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 24: Error writing 24
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 25: Error writing 25
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 26: Error writing 26
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 27: Error writing 27
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 28: Error writing 28
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 29: Error writing 29
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 30: Error writing 30
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 31: Error writing 31
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 32: Error writing 32
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 33: Error writing 33
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 34: Error writing 34
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 35: Error writing 35
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 36: Error writing 36
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 37: Error writing 37
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 38: Error writing 38
[...]
[java] WARNING: Error exporting 39: Error writing 39
[...]
[java] WARNING: Exported 18 cells. 23 errors detected.
Process exitted, return value: -1

On Mar 7, 4:43 pm, Jonathan Kaplan <jonathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to be completely certain, you should do the following before you log
> back in:
>
> 1. on the Manage Servers page, click "Stop All"
> 2. on the Manage Worlds page, click "Make Current" (or "Restore") with the
> new snapshot
> 3. on the Manage Servers page, click "Start all"
>
> If you are using a recent build of Wonderland, the "Restore" button on the
> Manage Servers page should do all of this for you once the snapshot is
> current.
>
> If there is still a problem, look in the ~/.wonderland-server/0.5-dev/log
> directory for a file called "darkstar_server_snapshot.log" and post it
> here. There may be multiple versions of the log, so make sure you grab the
> most recent one.
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM, jimscull...@gmail.com <jimscull...@gmail.com

Jonathan Kaplan

Mar 8, 2012, 3:03:09 PM3/8/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

These errors:

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell

indicate a problem on the web server. Are there any exceptions in the most recent web_server.log?

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2012, 3:32:08 AM3/9/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Jonathan

This server has been running since 1 February 2012, so the
web_server.log is extensive. Rather than append it here I've shared
it on Google Docs https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzXxZFdcIQj1N3p3VUtSS0JUeXVHeEdTM3l6VlVCZw.

As a test, I set up a local OWL server under Windows 7. That
installation is exhibiting exactly the same problem, with the same
placemarks disappearing after a snapshot.

Jim

On Mar 8, 8:03 pm, Jonathan Kaplan <jonathan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> These errors:
>
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
>
> >http://146.191.60.210:8080/wonderland-web-wfs/wfs/create/cell
>
> indicate a problem on the web server. Are there any exceptions in the most
> recent web_server.log?
>
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM, jimscull...@gmail.com <jimscull...@gmail.com
>
> read more »

Jos Flores

Mar 9, 2012, 1:53:04 PM3/9/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I only got as much time as to reproduce this on windows 7 but yes, it
behaves exactly as Jim points out and there's certainly something
wrong.

The server started complaining about duplicated logins but I think
that has nothing to do with this problem but with the very messed up
windows install in this box (took out authorisation and since then
it's a bit chaotic).

Will investigate further when I have more time with a Windows box but
just wanted to report that is not a problem with Jim's box.

cheers,
José

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2012, 11:31:49 AM3/13/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hi Jose

Thanks for this. I tested an OWL installation on a linux server
(Ubuntu 11.10) and the placemarks were intact after a snapshot - no
strange disappearances. Unfortunately I don't have the option of
using linux for my production server - I'm forced to use Server 2008
r2 :-/

Apart from the Ubuntu test, I've now replicated this bug on two
separate instances each of Server 2008 r2 and Windows 7. Separate
physical boxes in each case, but the bug is exactly the same.

Regards

Jim

On Mar 9, 6:53 pm, Jos Flores <josmasflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I only got as much time as to reproduce this on windows 7 but yes, it
> behaves exactly as Jim points out and there's certainly something
> wrong.
>
> The server started complaining about duplicated logins but I think
> that has nothing to do with this problem but with the very messed up
> windows install in this box (took out authorisation and since then
> it's a bit chaotic).
>
> Will investigate further when I have more time with a Windows box but
> just wanted to report that is not a problem with Jim's box.
>
> cheers,
> José
>
> On 9 March 2012 08:32, jimscull...@gmail.com <jimscull...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Jonathan
>
> > This server has been running since 1 February 2012, so the
> > web_server.log is extensive.  Rather than append it here I've shared
> > it on Google Docshttps://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzXxZFdcIQj1N3p3VUtSS0JUeXVHeEdTM3l6....
>
> read more »

Jonathan Kaplan

Mar 13, 2012, 12:02:56 PM3/13/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

The exception from the log is attached. The problem is here:

I think the solution is simple, as shown in the patch below, but I can't test it (my Windows machine is in desperate need of a reinstall). If you can verify it fixes the problem, I will commit the change.
cellpath_exception.txt
cellpath_fix.diff

Jos Flores

Mar 13, 2012, 2:51:04 PM3/13/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jon, had a quick go at this on Windows and it seems to do the
trick after restoring the snapshot.

cheers,
José

jimsc...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2012, 9:53:28 AM3/15/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this seems to do the trick.  Thanks again to all of you.

Jim