ScriptingComponent: problem playing a WAV file

micheldenis

May 3, 2012, 12:05:20 PM5/3/12
to Open Wonderland Forum
Hello Morris,

I received a WAV file from a customer, to play with
ScriptingComponent.
I can play it well using my PC software by clicking on it, hence I
think the file is in good shape.
The platform is Ubuntu 10.04 and latest trunks of core and modules.

When doing MyClass.playSound("visite.wav", 400, 0);
I get the following exception:

Gonna try to play - http://91.121.104.106:8080//webdav/content/sounds/hotesse/visite.wav
- URL - http://91.121.104.106:8080//webdav/content/sounds/hotesse/visite.wav

3 mai 2012 17:35:23 org.jdesktop.wonderland.client.jme.JmeClientMain$1
uncaughtException

ATTENTION: Uncaught exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No line matching interface
SourceDataLine supporting format PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 32 bit,
stereo, 8 bytes/frame, little-endian is supported.

at javax.sound.sampled.AudioSystem.getLine(Unknown Source)

at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.scriptingComponent.client.ScriptingComponent
$playSoundThread.run(ScriptingComponent.java:469)

Do you know what is the problem here ? is that "format" unusable by
ScriptingComponent ?

Thanks,
-michel
ps: the file is located at: http://www.internet3solutions.com/visite.wav

Nicole Yankelovich

May 3, 2012, 12:27:24 PM5/3/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Michel,

I always convert my audio files .au for playing in Wonderland. Do you
have a tool you can use to do that? If so, I would give that a try and
see if it solves the problem.

Nicole.

Michel DENIS

May 3, 2012, 12:30:11 PM5/3/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Nicole,

Thank you.
No, I don't have a tool to produce .au

Do you ?

Cheers,
-michel

Nicole Yankelovich a écrit :
--
Michel DENIS
Président, Internet 3 Solutions SAS

Morris Ford

May 3, 2012, 1:53:59 PM5/3/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Michel,
Have you successfully played wav files before?
What format have you used?

I will see what I can find out about tis.

Morris

Michel DENIS

May 3, 2012, 3:14:11 PM5/3/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morris,

Yes in all my videos with speaking bots I used synthetic voices from ATT which are all coming in .WAV format, and they were ok every time.

Here I got from my customer a sound track in .MP3 format, which is apparently not supported by SC, hence I used "SoundConverter for Gnome" to convert from .MP3 to .WAV, and SC does not seem to like the resulting files. Probably some aspects of the format like 44k Hz ?

Many thanks in advance for your support.
-michel

Michel DENIS

May 3, 2012, 3:38:57 PM5/3/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com

Fyi, I converted the customer sound file from .MP3 to .AU on-line using
http://www.convertfiles.com/
and the resulting .AU file is accepted and playing well with SC.

Thanks to you Nicole and Morris

-michel

Morris Ford

May 3, 2012, 4:13:11 PM5/3/12
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I tested and I am able to play au and wav files (I did not test any other formats). Attached is the module I used to test and the two sound files that go into .../content/sounds/

The au file plays with left click and the wav file with left click plus shift.

I converted the wav file to au using Audacity.

Morris
bonjour.jar
bonjour.au
bonjour.wav