one year later, operati.ca

John Mettraux

Dec 19, 2014, 2:23:28 AM12/19/14
to ruote
Hello,

it's been one year since ruote development stopped.

This email to tell you that its successor [almost] lives on
at https://operati.ca

Actually, it lives on at http://flon.io but operati.ca will be the service
we will sell to make flon live.

We gathered some capital and built a company to create and maintain flon and
operati.ca

What killed ruote was that it was a side project and it went too wide: too
many storage options to maintain and support. Flon's scope is much more
limited: it's a pair of daemons that persist to disk and talk json over http.

Unlike ruote, flon is not a Ruby library. To communicate with flon, you have
to go through its http api.

That open source side lives at https://github.com/flon-io it's not much
documented for now, especially since we are pushing operati.ca. It only runs
"sequence", "invoke", "set" and "wait" for now.

(http://librelist.com/browser/flon) you can subscribe by sending an
empty email to the list.

We will send out invitations for operati.ca before the winter ends. If you're
interested, please reply here or mail me privately at jmet...@gmail.com
You can register as well, directly at https://operati.ca
I'll then send you an invitation for an operati.ca account when the beta will
be ready.

If you have questions about flon and operati.ca feel free to ask in a reply.

Thanks to all of you who helped, especially to Danny Fullerton!

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

John